The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 Speed Wiring Question

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

5 Speed Wiring Question

So I've read alot of the how to's and maybe I didn't catch it but did anyone ever figure out if you can use any of the A/T wires instead of running new wire into the cab for the safety switch. I'm sorry if this has been discussed but I don't remember seeing it. I've already got new wire run through the harness but I just don't like seeing all these extra wires everywhere. Also, is it OK to just cut and cap all the extra wires up into the harness? I know every tutorial says don't cut anything but surely since none of these wires will be used ever again it would be safe to eliminate them.

You don't have to run the wires to the cabin, you can also just connect them on the harness in the engine bay - like suggested in the original how to. And yes, you can just cut of the plugs to clean things up.

Thanks gtx for the quick response but I thought I had to run at least 2 wires into the cabin to the c-17 for the speedo fix as I have an 02? And I guess I'm not sure which one is the original how-to but now that I know I'm missing something I'll start reading up again. Thanks again. On another note I got it fired up tonight. Loud as hell without the exhaust on.

Didn't realize you are a '02, this was done on my '01. So yepp, just run the wires.