The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What year has blue lighted interior?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

The 9G interior color swap so far.

OK FOUND MY ANSWER:

MY GOAL:

2007 MITSUBISHI GALANT GTS

What I have done so far.
    I changed the climate controls to the follwing:
    (2006 2007 2008 GALANT AUTO TYPE TEMP AC HEATER CONTROL 7820A109HA)
    I hated the silver look and wanted it gone, I will be adding an aftermarket radio that will match the black and glow the same blue color as I can adjust the color.

I managed to find the exact gauge cluster I required with the milage only 1,000 or so less then my current mileage so I bit the bullet and it all works great: Day and night view below:

The problem I have is my shifter is glowing orange and it needs to glow blue,
    I will be swapping this soon enough...
    Below is the LED, glows orange.

Then the only other swaps I need are my dimmer switch, fog light switch and my heated seats switch.

I will be adding new led bulbs to my radio to match the color as close as possible or I will see if the 2007 galant clock matches (the one with the compass) if I can find one at a junkyard around here.

So far so good! :)
    Last edited by 12GaugeMule; 10-07-2015 at 12:28 PM

I have all the internals from a 2007 ralliart fog switch. It is the momentary switch, glows blue. I took it apart to use the shell to clip in the switch for my aftermarket fogs. You would have to put them into the housing(really easy) but if your interested let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Sean9G View Post
    I have all the internals from a 2007 ralliart fog switch. It is the momentary switch, glows blue. I took it apart to use the shell to clip in the switch for my aftermarket fogs. You would have to put them into the housing(really easy) but if your interested let me know
    Yeah sure, sounds good to me, I was gonna go to the stealership service center to grab the parts because no yards around me have any GTS/Ralliarts.
    ill pm you details.

All done... Almost.
    Just got to change the clock radio color, which I will try a few different things for, Then swap my other buttons for blue.

Here we are so far:

I have a 2012 galant. I just ordered the same 06 galant climate control 7820A109HA. Hoping it works in my 2012. Did you add blue LEDs behind the temperature knobs or do they come blue? My radio dash and knobs are all silver with orange LEDs. I think black/blue look much nicer which is what I'm going for.

Next I need to do a cluster swap, then I plan to install an aftermarket stereo. I have the 7" touchscreen stereo that came with my galant but it is very old and slow, I'm looking at a newer stereo that has Android Auto / Apple CarPlay.

This is what I ordered: http://m.ebay.com/itm/06-07-08-MITSU...d=533808653027 )

PS Sorry for bumping an old thread

Not a problem, I had to replace everything to get a color change.
    I got a new gauge cluster that was the exact one I needed, only 1000 miles off my milage, perfect!
    I ordered a new faceplate that came with my radio from CARID, that turned the silver faceplate to black.
    The A/C Controls, I had to replace the entire unit to make it blue, tried disassembling my old one but you cannot, itll just break, leds are small square soldered onto the boards.

The last and most expensive thing I had to do was replace my shifter light, got a blue led light from an old galant gts at junkyard and cut the leg and spliced it on after removing my orange one from my shifter.

the clock is just blue leds, those are bulbs that can be switched.

I wanna get some heated seat controls with blue led but that parts expensive, so im leaving it the dull faded green it is. same with my window light button.

if you have any questions feel free to ask!