The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: This is my intro, Or so I am told.

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

This is my intro, Or so I am told.

What up?!
    I am Triller, from central California. I got a 7g (95) LS for just a few hundred bucks about a year back.
    It was not a happy engine. Started, but lost rpms until inactive, and just general vibration, smells, clunks, and surging or chokey motion. I grabbed a new fuel pump, spark plugs, plug wires, cleaned the MAF, replaced the lengths of battery cable, cleaned IAC, new battery terminals, coolant flush, New battery, new brakes, rotors, and shoes for drums.
    I went to go do a valve adjustment, then promptly learned that I hadn't paid enough attention to the manual since I have lifters, HAHAHAHA.
    The heatshield has been painted white, and the valve cover has also been painted, white and a red lined design. (pics coming). The floor mats have been replaced, along with the stereo head unit, and a 12" JBL performance sub. The interior trim is damaged in two places, around the Auto Gear Selector, and around the stereo cabinet. The damaged sections will be replaced with OEM trim, which will be painted before install.
    The front right fender is damaged, and I am contemplating fabricating new fenders, or just replacements. (Pics coming) The bumper is also slightly damaged in the same area, the right. Figure I will just go JDM front.
    The color is original white, and the paint had stains, spots, light oxidation, and just generally looked shit since it was sitting under a tree for a while before coming into my life. Now all panels have been treated with a heavy rubbing compound, clayed, polished, and waxed by hand. She looks pretty under that grime.
    The right passenger window has some horrible plastic-purple-ish tint mess on it, but that will be gone soon and replaced with high quality 5% tints, and the fronts will be 25% (Califas Law).

I like your plan and I'd love to see some pictures!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Thanks man! Those are just the maintenance and clean up plans I have.
    The performance plans are;
    Upgrade tires
    Get coilovers
    Go find 4g63t dohc head. (Mine is 4g64 sohc)
    Get a CAI (proper, not just sitting in the engine bay)
    Get forged internals
    BOOST FOR GLORY!!!!!

Eventual respray in the works,
    And
    If I really really love her and decide I need to go off the wall, a total engine overhaul and an AWD conversion, but that is on the other side of the horizon for now.

I work at a parts store, and surrounded by some cool and patient mechanics, so with any luck I will be able to do this without having to live in my build. Hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to post pics, no local embedding?
    All have to be 3rd party hosted?

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to find me on Instagram as well, have pics posted there of engine, and fender.
    Username is Triller831
    Thanks for the rad community to join and large knowledge base by the way!

Yea the pictures have to be 3rd party, like photobucket.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Experienced TGC Member
    Welcome to tgc

- - - Updated - - -

Been poking around for replacement fender.
    Any Ideas?

I got into a wreck. My G is gone. =/
    Pretty bummed. Thanks guys for all the help, knowledge, and community. Once I find an Eclipse next I will drop by.
    Thanks again. Good bye.

Experienced TGC Member
    Thats a bummer. Glad to see your ok. Hope to see you back soon . Good luck.

SUP YALLL????!!!!!
    I missed this Site. A lot.
    I got/have a 4th gen honda civic dx hatch now, a 735il BMW, and going to acquire a 2g Eclipse from my area! I will be hanging around from time to time, maybe asking some questions once I get it. Just wanted to stop by and say that you guys are the bomb. Joined a honda forum for my civic, it is a joke compared to here.
    Stay awesome guys.
    Be back soon.