The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Radio stuck

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Radio stuck

My wife's radio in her 2012 is stuck in phone mode we've taken it to the dealer multiple times they have replaced the phone interface module did a ecu "upgrade" and every year when it gets cold out it does the same thing. Start the car it will automatically switch to phone on the screen and no radio till it decides to fix it self somehow. I've taken the radio out checked connections, nothing so far. Now the stereo is out of warranty so I'm stuck. Everything else works on the screen except the radio function. It has the Rockford upgrade also. ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMHO the easiest thing to do would be to go aftermarket. That's what I did, although I did not have that problem you are having.

I went from this:

to this:

Just know if you go aftermarket, where it says PHONE on the screen below will then say ECOM
    you can just tape over it with electrical tape though and itll look clean.

Last edited by 12GaugeMule; 10-25-2015 at 06:35 PM

Well I unhooked the battery today for about 10 min and it worked its working again now. I don't know why that worked but it did. 12guagemule I have the same radio as you but I have like a 7" touch screen above it. I think I may go with after market just afraid it would do the same

I cant confirm but someone on here said before only the small screen like I have will show ecom error.
    You should be fine going aftermarket with your stereo and navigation screen.

I have the 7" screen in my 07 ralliart and put in a 7" aftermarket deck and now have 2 screens. Only thing I lost on the factory screen was the audio icon on the main screen. All other functions still work (Nav, Trip, A/C, etc.) I didnt bother with the $300 integration harness either. I hooked up power, ground, acc at the factory stereo harness and wired the speaker outputs straight to the outputs on the factory amp. The crossovers are after the amplifier so you will still get full sound out of tweeters and mid speakers. Amplifier is just above the passenger kick panel. If this something you want to tackle I can make you a wiring guide. I would also reccomend using some 9wire(speedwire) just to make your life easier.
    Here is what mine looks like with my Pioneer AVH4000NEX:

Yes I'd like to see that wiring diagram if you don't mind that's a clean install by the way

Do you have the factory Rockford system?