The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car bucks at random times while driving and idle

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Car bucks at random times while driving and idle

I bypassed my resonator on my original oem intake after it broke off. Cut circle of plastic to cover the hole, hot glued it down and ran bead around the top side to prevent vac leak. Then wrapped it all up in elec tape tight. Car ran fine from the 1st of this month until I switched to a diff tape this past sunday.

Tape was starting to seperate, so I tried this self fusing silicone tape and re-glued the plastic circle patch again to be safe. Monday/yeterday I head to work, and the car starts bucking like a bronco about 6 miles down the road when I leave a stop light and does it slightly at idle.

Get home last night, clean the maf with crc elec contact cleaner, take silicone tape off and rewrap w/ electric tape like before. Same issues. So later, I go to the junkyard get another oem intake with resonator intact off a v6 3g, reset ecu and let car idle for 15 mins.

Go out for a spin and same issues. Checked vac hoses near and on intake for leaks, and I cant find any.

Any ideas on what the cause could be? I haven't fooled with anything besides what's mentioned. I have a cel but I had one prior to me switching tapes and car ran fine. I might go for one more drive tonight, and if it doesnt seem better probably going to take it to the shop.

Thanks for any help.

End thread...was misfire due to dis cap and rotor along with bad map sensor. Both replaced, so far so good