The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $350 4g64 5 speed swap project started

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Showing results 261 to 264 of 264
    Quote Originally Posted by amaru7 View Post
    No more guessing is needed. Pulled the trans today. Found the issue. Installed the new clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing. Reinstalled the trans. Now I just need to find fluid and everything will be fine

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Wow that got hot! Wonder what happened there. Also did you install your TOB clip?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You got it right on the money!

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    Wow that got hot! Wonder what happened there. Also did you install your TOB clip?

I think the discoloration is factory heat treating. From what I can tell, the spring broke out of the carrier and became wedged behind the pressure plate fingers. So the throw out bearing was only able to press a few of them and only partially release the clutch. Yes I installed the clip. I can take a picture tomorrow of the old pressure plate and you can see that some of the fingers are bent a little. Did a fluid change as well and found no abnormal metal or anything. I've since driven it over 250 miles and everything feels great.

Quote Originally Posted by amaru7 View Post
    I think the discoloration is factory heat treating. From what I can tell, the spring broke out of the carrier and became wedged behind the pressure plate fingers. So the throw out bearing was only able to press a few of them and only partially release the clutch. Yes I installed the clip. I can take a picture tomorrow of the old pressure plate and you can see that some of the fingers are bent a little. Did a fluid change as well and found no abnormal metal or anything. I've since driven it over 250 miles and everything feels great.

Hmmm I have an exedy clutch in the garage. I have to look. I don't recall the discoloring being this vivid.

'00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314