The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $350 4g64 5 speed swap project started

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Showing results 221 to 240 of 264
    haha, I should have known :P

So how long did it take you to replace the radiator support? coz I think down the road if I'm still gonna work on mine, I may want to do the same thing, since mine also had an accident in the front before, and it'll be great to make it right...
    Last edited by yhkwok; 01-26-2018 at 09:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by yhkwok View Post
    haha, I should have known

So how long did it take you to replace the radiator support? coz I think down the road if I'm still gonna work on mine, I may want to do the same thing, since mine also had an accident in the front before, and it'll be great to make it right...
    It took a few hours. You need to know how to weld to install the new one. If I could've found a JDM support I would've installed that instead of having to cut into my new one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Welding sounds far away from my skill set... Hmmm, wonder if any of those IGS vendor from Europe can get something like that, I guess the shipping is gonna be bad though, since it's metal, assuming its heavier than any other kind of body parts...

Welding sounds far away from my skill set... Hmmm, wonder if any of those IGS vendor from Europe can get something like that, I guess the shipping is gonna be bad though, since it's metal, assuming its heavier than any other kind of body parts...
    It's pretty thin metal. Doesn't weigh much at all. It came in a bulky box though

If I were to do something like that I'd look out for dismantlers in Canada or places like PR or the DR. Than you'd just have to convince them to actually do it as it takes forever to drill off those spotwelds. Heck just buy a halfcut lol.

lol, half cut does sounds exciting! though it also sounds too much... what is PR and DR means anyway??

lol, half cut does sounds exciting! though it also sounds too much... what is PR and DR means anyway??
    Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. They got some jdm goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. They got some jdm goodness.
    I'll have to check that too. I'm looking for the fenders that have the lights in them. EBay has them but for like $900 each. Ridiculous

:P now I got it, yea I did see a few vendors on IGS that are from these locations

Quote Originally Posted by amaru7 View Post
    It took a few hours. You need to know how to weld to install the new one. If I could've found a JDM support I would've installed that instead of having to cut into my new one

My new radiator support just arrived yesterday. Do you have any pictures of where you welded in your new support, or have any suggestions of what to do when installing the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by seanske99 View Post
    My new radiator support just arrived yesterday. Do you have any pictures of where you welded in your new support, or have any suggestions of what to do when installing the new one.
    Once you strip your front end, it will be pretty obvious as you will see the spotwelds from the factory. If you haven't done this before, I'd take it to a bodyshop, you want this to be alligned 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Once you strip your front end, it will be pretty obvious as you will see the spotwelds from the factory. If you haven't done this before, I'd take it to a bodyshop, you want this to be alligned 100%.
    I figured you would reuse the old spotwelds for the places you can get to. I was just more curious as to the ones you can’t get to from behind like the square holes where the bumper bar attaches to.

Do you try to drill new holes close to where the old spot welds were, or does it matter as long as it’s in the same original area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDM headlights are in. LED's installed. Fenders are here. VR4 grill is here. Bumper is on its way. Pics to come...

There's nothing like waiting for the packages to arrive. Now onto the pics please :D

It begins

Didn't get to finish like I had planned. Ran out of time to fab up the bumper. The headlights are nice and flush with the hood now though. Here's the progress so far....

Are those fiberglass jdm parts? I wish I knew you were in the market. I have an extra Oem jdm bumper and grille and fog lights.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I may not get it just now, but how much would you sell it for? @spdracr

I may not get it just now, but how much would you sell it for? @spdracr
    Pm me

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Your inbox is full. Did you get my last message?

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast