The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.4L 02 Galant ROM and XML flash *progress*

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 118

Icon4 2.4L 02 Galant ROM and XML flash *progress*

Hello TGC. Right now i'm working on the 02 Galant Rom and xml. Yesterday i did my first flash on the G. Changing timing, fuel, and accel enrichment. I got great results no check engine light and no knock/misfire. I used the 2003 eclipse manual 2.4l timing and fuel since there timing are more aggressive and this engine loves it, more smooth idle and when she goes she goes. I swap to the evo MAF because of the bigger opening and air flow, changed the MAF size and sensor filtering, i gain more aggressive response from the engine but after 20 min of driving on idle i get slight off timing. This is due to the MAF smoothing and scaling settings that are not found on the Galant XML as yet "i'm working on it.. and i found them" This a big time breakthrough for people that wants the max of their bolt on mod.

I will keep you posted since i'm going to do a lot of test. TRIAL AND ERROR ON THIS

I'm also i'm getting advice from SPD_FRK. Thanks bro!

Here is a small taste

To the left is the stock Galant Timing, On the right is the eclipse timing. I'm running the eclipse and is much smoother.

acceleration enrichment is this...

When you open the throttle real quick from low throttle position, say around 15% or so, your letting in more air faster than the ecu can compensate for based on MAF or manifold absolute pressure. This creates a lean condition for a moment until the injectors catch up. If you watch your afr gauge you can see this happening, at a low cruise if you all of a sudden blip the throttle, you'll see your afr jump lean then back to richer. Acceleration enrichment is based off the throttle position sensor so it immediately will add a certain amount of fuel as you hit the throttle to compensate for the rapid change in airflow. I'm not sure how ECUflash is set up to use it but adjust it so when you hit the throttle from low rpm it doesn't go lean too much. You need to adjust this if you changed you intake mani, TB and CAI.

6/14/11 Update. I used the EVO MAF the car response and torque was increase by 10%. But after a few minutes of driving at idle the computer bugs out. and AFR goes rich and lean = unstable not bad, but i don't like it. I have to mess with the timing when changing the EVO maf with the stock PCM. I don't have time to do testing in that field since i need the car to drive around. On a weekend i will give it a try because i did like the 10-15% increase in response with the EVO maf and eclipse timing and fuel.

I'm going to try using the stock 501 MAF and using the Stock 399 evo MAF settings/tables and see how the computer reacts to the numbers.

6/17/11- update
    Just installed the external wideband AFR to the evoscan do start logging.
    I'm going to try using the JDM G63 maps and take it from there.

6/19/11 update. Here are some maps that i defined my self. I found the memory locations for open loop 1 and 2, open loop throtle low and high, MAF smoothing and MAF scaling. Big progress on this room. We could use this rom with all the updated maps for a good base tuned.

I'm working to find the memory locations for
    Barometric pressure compensation
    air temperature compensation
    idle stepper look-up table
    and more
    You will not find this anyware else. Is all done by me with help from some members.

6/20/11 Update- I found all the maps noted above also found something VERY VERY INTERESTING. I found all the knock filtering for the G. *possibility we could add the knock sensor to the G. SPD_FRK and me are going to work on that little project. ping 90 is the knock sensor on the G. not included on the harness but it is on the PCM for sure.

6/24/11 Update-- Ones again i try the evo MAF with a the GTS settings and is still a no go on that. There something on the Evo rom that i need to make it work with the Galant PCM. I guess evo ECU swap with that Sensor. Later******

In another note, i chaned back the MAF 501 and works great with the JDM 4g63 map that Mysticj send me. I will used that as a base map to really tuned to the max. I got some new spark plug iridium since the new maps is a little richer. here are some pics of new maps

Update 8/12/11
    DID YOU SAY BIG MAP FOR THE GALANT stock PCM. ...... ... .. GET A KICK OUT OF THIS ONE. "Custom made by me. Under development."

preview of big map "Big high fuel map"

added new data to rom. Assign new memory location to xml so ecuflash could read it.

Update 8/21/11
    KABOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMM

who says the 4cyl Galants dont have a knock sensor. I will let you guys marinate on this one :) *STOCK PCM*

Update 8/23/11
    I using the JDM 4g63 MAP as a base. Now i know where knock accours i could start +- timing and adjust the AFR. I also set the openloop to hold longer by increasing the temp from 7 to 20

Update 9/13/11
    OBD II trouble code CEL table

example at Y=00 X=8000 we see 0007, 5807, and so on. It translate too. P700, P7058

Update 10/18/11
    Official 482 eclipse GTS swap. Adjusted maf scaling, smothing, and other maps. This MAF reads 1 pound less than the evo 8 MAF. Great for turbo setup. I have no problems with idle or engine response. i Get more response do to more air flow and table tune. Next stop evo injector swap with N/A motor. Stable AFR, No knock.

update 11/29/11
    2000 galant PCM rom. Found 3 maps, first time ever i have seem
    Last edited by Isaurio; 11-29-2011 at 10:52 AM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

You should look into the 99 Galant Rom fuel and ignition maps, they are pretty interesting...
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    imma noob when it comes to this stuff but whats the correlation between RPM and Load %

^ load is basically your air flow, up to 100% is vaccum, and above 100% is considered boost, hence thats why when we boost we have to use the evo ecu because it goes to 260 load and can understand boost

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

^x2 correct. EVO and boosted ECU use above 100% load because of the turbo\extra air. Stock Galant only goes in their rom 100% since they not made for turbo setup. Unless you do a ping rewire to a eclipse or evo so we could use their ROM.

MisticJ- Really, I have not seen the 99 2.4L ROM and xml. If someone have it i will be glad to see it. I only have the 99 v6 XML and ROM.

Update. I used the EVO MAF the car response and torque was increase by 10%. But after a few minutes of driving at idle the computer bugs out. and AFR goes rich and lean = unstable not bad, but i don't like it. I have to mess with the timing when changing the EVO maf with the stock PCM. I don't have time to do testing in that field since i need the car to drive around. On a weekend i will give it a try because i did like the 10-15% increase in response with the EVO maf and eclipse timing and fuel.

I'm going to try using the stock 501 MAF and using the Stock 399 evo MAF settings/tables and see how the computer reacts to the numbers.

But is a working progress. loving how the engine handle the adjustment.
    Accell enrichment is a plus for people using CAI and bigger TB.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Accell enrichment is a plus for people using CAI and bigger TB.
    I noticed this alot when I was cruising around didnt like it at all

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Yeah if you have the mods "mods that let more air in" you need to adjust the accel enrichment. If you dont you will feel a lag\delay when taking off and at low rpm, because the injector can't keep up with the extra air coming in when you hit it "WOT".
    Last edited by Isaurio; 06-15-2011 at 03:17 PM

SOHC Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    ha, thanks for explaining the accel. enrichment :)

MisticJ- Really, I have not seen the 99 2.4L ROM and xml. If someone have it i will be glad to see it. I only have the 99 v6 XML and ROM.
    Ooops...I meant a JDM 4G63
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

I see. I dont know if show i use those timing and fuel. since the 4g63 is a smaller bore.

SOHC Turbo

I see. I dont know if show i use those timing and fuel. since the 4g63 is a smaller bore.
    Depends...this rom is based on a 4G63 DOHC running 10.6CR and HKS spec cams.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    Depends...this rom is based on a 4G63 DOHC running 10.6CR and HKS spec cams.
    and a car thats probably running higher octane fuel, at least 93 octane, if not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

i'm running 93. I mean can i use that g63 table ?

SOHC Turbo

i'm running 93. I mean can i use that g63 table ?
    Yes, fill in the high ignition/fuel map with it and a log it. Of course the 91-93 JDM Galant is tested at 160hp with DOHC head, 264 spec cams, fed spec style header, 60mm TB, 10.5:1cr and a decent IM. A 4G64 with the same setup will yield somewhere between 180 and 195HP.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    You could try using it. Your definetly going to need to tweak the fuel map. Its a crap shoot because the DOHC breathes better but the 2.4 inherently breathes more because of the added displacement, its hard to say how far off it will be. When I got my car running, I started with someones tuned built 4G63 EVO map and messed with it to get the car running, in the end, the whole map needed to be re-done for it to be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thanks. That will work. I will use the timing and fuel map.

Misticj- Do you have the rom and xml for that JDM engine. send it to me if you do.
    [email protected]

Just in time to data log that JDM base tune. I just installed my external wideband to evoscan. Works 100% to log AFR.

SOHC Turbo

Thanks. That will work. I will use the timing and fuel map.

Misticj- Do you have the rom and xml for that JDM engine. send it to me if you do.
    [email protected]

Just in time to data log that JDM base tune. I just installed my external wideband to evoscan. Works 100% to log AFR.
    It's in TunerPro so I need to make it for Ecuflash.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    It's in TunerPro so I need to make it for Ecuflash.
    Can you do that for me. Thanks bro. I want to try the maps ans see if we could get anyware with the N/A 2.4L

SOHC Turbo

Can you do that for me. Thanks bro. I want to try the maps ans see if we could get anyware with the N/A 2.4L
    will do

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Updated thread

SOHC Turbo

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast