The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $350 4g64 5 speed swap project started

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 264
    8g frame is in. Have to tighten a couple things in the morning and the new timing belt and balance shaft belt will be done.

I found that whoever did the last timing belt, had the left balance shaft timed wrong. Finish the timing belt and install the engine harness and the engine/trans assembly will be ready to drop in tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I was waiting for this guy to chime in.... What's up bro!
    Same old stuff brotha!

Amaru the 64 should fit with plenty of space if I was you I'd keep the v6 frame and fabricate a new rear mount it's much easier this way. I did the exact reverse swap as your attempting but I had no choice but to swap frames the v6 needs the extra room that the aluminum sub frame provides. I'm glad to see someone else attempt what I did so many years ago...
    Last edited by deeznutz; 12-09-2015 at 10:51 PM

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Same old stuff brotha!

Amaru the 64 should fit with plenty of space if I was you I'd keep the v6 frame and fabricate a new rear mount it's much easier this way. I did the exact reverse swap as your attempting but I had no choice but to swap frames the v6 needs the extra room that the aluminum sub frame provides. I'm glad to see someone else attempt what I did so many years ago...
    If anything, I think I'll just need to fabricate a new rear mount bracket on the trans. Should be super easy.

Same old stuff brotha!
    Good to hear it bro.

And this is why I have been watching this thread. I believe that most are as well, they aren't saying much. They're just kinda lurking the thread.

Amaru good stuff on here. Like I said even though most of the community isn't dropping off their 2 cents, deep down we're all rooting for you!

Same old stuff brotha!

When you did yours, you obviously had to change the ecu as well, what did you do about having the car pass emissions? The wrong VIN is now stored in the ecu. Is there a way to program the correct VIN in?

Ive been lurking for sure, Im a lil confused though your swapping in a 4cy to a 8g with the existing v6 aluminum subframe?

Quote Originally Posted by amaru7 View Post
    When you did yours, you obviously had to change the ecu as well, what did you do about having the car pass emissions? The wrong VIN is now stored in the ecu. Is there a way to program the correct VIN in?

I dont think the VIN is in our ECUs. Milage ain't for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    Ive been lurking for sure, Im a lil confused though your swapping in a 4cy to a 8g with the existing v6 aluminum subframe?
    That's what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by amaru7 View Post

Vin is not stored in the ecm, your swapping harness and ecm, emissions is good to go as long as everything is working properly

Vic I haven't been lurking just haven't been on the fourm in a long wile I pop in and see this so I commented lol
    Last edited by deeznutz; 12-10-2015 at 07:24 PM

This is real interesting to me. I see a lot of room there for a Evo trans and t-case, modified fwd t-case that is.

Steering rack is in the way right were the tcase goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Finished the timing belt. Put 90% of the harness onto the engine. Dropped the engine and trans into the car, connected the rear engine mount. I'll definitely have to modify an engine mount a little, but I'm not thinking too bad. We'll see.

Vin is not stored in the ecm, your swapping harness and ecm, emissions is good to go as long as everything is working properly

Vic I haven't been lurking just haven't been on the fourm in a long wile I pop in and see this so I commented lol
    I knew it. Gonna find a loophole for emissions now even quicker.

Morning progress.... 4g64 is in and bolted up to all 4 engine mounts without modification. Engine harness is routed and ready to finish the connections.

Awesome.

I just wanna pressure wash that bay!

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Awesome.

I just wanna pressure wash that bay!
    Lol I agree. I want to get it operational first, then I'll work on improving the looks.

Hold up,,,, so the v6 rear mount fit into the bracket on the rear of the 4cyl trans? Pic please...

Hold up,,,, so the v6 rear mount fit into the bracket on the rear of the 4cyl trans? Pic please...

You can see all 4 mounted up in that pic

Closer pic

This is a real treat. A few things good, no modifications needed and the V6 mounts are sturdier whether oem replacments or prothane mounts.

The only down side to this is the V6 rack turning radius is that of a Semi, where the 4cyl can easily do u-turns in most residential streets from one side to the other.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast