The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $350 4g64 5 speed swap project started

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Showing results 161 to 180 of 264
    Quote Originally Posted by white2k3mitsu View Post
    I went to the junkyard and pulled a 3g tranny with clutch lines, clutch and break pedals, master / slave cylinder, hard and soft lines, 3 harness pigtails, shifter assembly, flywheel, pressure plate, clutch and clutch fluid reservoir and sonata dohc for 146 and basically other then the dohc (lol) am I missing anything in my parts list for the swap I've done my research and see some posts about maybe using a 3g or evo ecu but I'm not sure if I need it I have a 03 2.4 es also what wiring needs to be done and how hard is it I must admit this is my first time doing anything like this but I was able to take these parts off so I'm pretty sure I can put them back on
    I swapped engines too so I needed a lot more parts. I believe there are multiple threads in the swap...

But as far as I can remember, you'll need the following parts:
    -manual transmission
    -clutch
    -pressure plate
    -flywheel
    -clutch pedal assembly
    -clutch master cylinder
    -clutch fluid reservoir
    -clutch fluid lines
    -shifter assembly
    -shifter cables
    -throw out bearing

That's everything I can think of. I believe you have to jump the neutral safety switch. No you don't need an eclipse ecu. I'm not sure about the clutch pedal sensors and wiring them in. I had to make my own harnesses

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Sudden change of plans. The rear sub frame will now be getting replaced before my suspension is complete

Some quick updates...

Nice progress!

Paint the area where u exposed bare metal or else it will rust very quickly.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    Paint the area where u exposed bare metal or else it will rust very quickly.

Yeah I'll spray it next time it's in the air

Couple updates from today...
    Secured my battery in the trunk

Made a brake bleeder adapter to flush the brakes more easily

Quote Originally Posted by amaru7 View Post
    Couple updates from today...
    Secured my battery in the trunk

Made a brake bleeder adapter to flush the brakes more easily

What's this homemade bleeder for exactly?

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

What's this homemade bleeder for exactly?

It's a spare brake fluid reservoir cap that I have. It goes onto the reservoir and then a hose from the brake bleeder machine connects to the fitting. The brake bleeder applies pressure to the system so you just open each bleeder screw and fluid comes out. No need to have someone pumping the pedal anymore. Obviously you must use a spare cap because you can't leave the system open because brake fluid is hygroscopic. Normally I use the brake bleeder at a pressure of 2 bar, but our caps are weaker than the typical cap I use, so I'll apply only about .5 bar.

Quote Originally Posted by amaru7 View Post
    It's a spare brake fluid reservoir cap that I have. It goes onto the reservoir and then a hose from the brake bleeder machine connects to the fitting. The brake bleeder applies pressure to the system so you just open each bleeder screw and fluid comes out. No need to have someone pumping the pedal anymore. Obviously you must use a spare cap because you can't leave the system open because brake fluid is hygroscopic. Normally I use the brake bleeder at a pressure of 2 bar, but our caps are weaker than the typical cap I use, so I'll apply only about .5 bar.

Makes sense. I just gravity bleed and works well for me. I did it on both cars with brembos and had no problems. Nifty tool though.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Makes sense. I just gravity bleed and works well for me. I did it on both cars with brembos and had no problems. Nifty tool though.

I'll post a picture of it hooked up. It's what we use in the dealership

My hood needs to be replaced. It's rusted and bent. It looked insanely bad with the clear coat bubbling up all over it, so I did a quick touch up

I ground all the paint and bondo off:

Quick hand sanding:

Couple coats:

One ended up not being enough, so I had to install 2 on each side, but here's a picture of one front camber bolt

Camber plates might helpful. You can max those bolts all the way negative then use the camber plates to fine tune the camber and will be much easier then having to keep taking the wheel on and off for adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    Camber plates might helpful. You can max those bolts all the way negative then use the camber plates to fine tune the camber and will be much easier then having to keep taking the wheel on and off for adjustments.
    Luckily I can adjust them with the wheels on while it's on the alignment rack. But yes, camber plates are a good idea. Any idea who makes them for our cars?

Thats a good thing! I havent really searched for galant specific ones, although evo ones look dead on. I havent tested my theory yet since i have plates on my coilovers but there is a used set ive been looking at being sold on evom that not only adjust camber but also caster.

Thats a good thing! I havent really searched for galant specific ones, although evo ones look dead on. I havent tested my theory yet since i have plates on my coilovers but there is a used set ive been looking at being sold on evom that not only adjust camber but also caster.
    Interesting. I'll look into it, but my front camber is just barely out of spec now. Wouldn't the plate actually lift my car about 1/2"? I'm honestly not exactly sure how those plates install.

Thats tru but probaly not by a 1/2". That would really depend on the plate thickness and the spherical ball used. Typically these are used on coilovers so if there is a difference in height it can be adjusted. I know you dont have coilovers so it probably wasnt a good idea to suggest them.

They basically replace the top hat, that easy. They rest on the same step on the piston shaft as oem.

Thats tru but probaly not by a 1/2". That would really depend on the plate thickness and the spherical ball used. Typically these are used on coilovers so if there is a difference in height it can be adjusted. I know you dont have coilovers so it probably wasnt a good idea to suggest them.

They basically replace the top hat, that easy. They rest on the same step on the piston shaft as oem.
    It's worth looking into at least. Especially if it's camber and caster. I'll be on coilovers eventually

Maybe so but most coilovers come with camber plates anyhow so waiting might be a cheaper option. Ive never seen any 8g coilovers come with a combo caster/camber plate but if that interest you the brand plates I saw for sale on Evom where K-Mac. Like I mention before Ive never personally tried Evo plates but they look dead on.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast