The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ram Air Intake Hoods?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Ram Air Intake Hoods?

Hey guys, I want to put a ram air hood on my G, but I can't seem to find any. I've found lancer evo type hoods but thats not what I'm looking for. Would you guys know where to find one if they even make one? And if so, what's your opinion in them, do you think they provide enough performance?

you can always make your own, just dont put the filter directly under the scoop since water will get right in when it rains. ive never really seen one made but i never had an eye for scoops/vents on hoods of galants. i also dont think it would do anything for performance otherwise.

Ah man, i figured since it would force a little more air in it would make some difference.

Quote Originally Posted by joelwithan03galant View Post
    Ah man, i figured since it would force a little more air in it would make some difference.
    most of the time when you do see scoops its for an intercooler like on 2nd gen mazdaspeeds and subarus. a lot of the "muscle cars" that have them are usually fake and are just there for looks. as for the evo vent i think theyre only there for heat dissipation but dont quote me on that one.