The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ram Air Intake Hoods?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Ram Air Intake Hoods?

Hey guys, I want to put a ram air hood on my G, but I can't seem to find any. I've found lancer evo type hoods but thats not what I'm looking for. Would you guys know where to find one if they even make one? And if so, what's your opinion in them, do you think they provide enough performance?

If you mean like an Sti it would have to be custom I think. Stis are like cuz the intake is right under the scoop tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, i was thinking of exactly that kind of ram air hood. Just thought of an idea, what do you think of cutting a hole on the hood ( of course done nicely) where the stock air intake is on the grill Support, face Support whatever that part is and cutting all the resonating chambers on the stock intake tubes?

- - - Updated - - -

Because I found the little mark the cushion on the stock intake makes on the hood when you close it, and I was hoping to use that as a reference when cutting. How would I deal with say, prevenying water from getting in the intake and hydrolocking my engine. Would that even be an issue?

I'd just get a CAI and be done with that and you could buy the evo hood for the g. You could go to a custom shop. I can refer you if you're in Texas. I mean I cut holes in my hood for hood pins when I rebuilt my cars face after a collision. If you want it to look nice you may have to deal with some molding and definitely painting again. I'd just buy the hood too.

Blog Entries
    Best bet on online to search it down I'm the same looking for the air hood finding only Eovulation

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about the cai, but after looking around it seems it doesnt improve much, and I could see it with that the stock air tube is great if you remove the resonators. But I dont like the evo hood on Galants😦 but it looks great on lancers. Yeah I'm in South texas!

You could try kustoms unlimited in garland. They do tons of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by GWagon View Post
    I'd just get a CAI and be done with that and you could buy the evo hood for the g. You could go to a custom shop. I can refer you if you're in Texas. I mean I cut holes in my hood for hood pins when I rebuilt my cars face after a collision. If you want it to look nice you may have to deal with some molding and definitely painting again. I'd just buy the hood too.

I've been thinking about the cai, but after looking around it seems it doesnt improve much, and I could see it with that the stock air tube is great if you remove the resonators. But I dont like the evo hood on Galants😦 but it looks great on lancers. Yeah I'm in South texas!

I have a 6 cylinder so if you have the same plate form as me as far it performance it takes a grip to see some big gains, by that I mean money and patience. If you have the 4 cylinder motor and you're looking to turbo later down the line just get the CAI. They are metal for a reason. Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by GWagon View Post
    You could try kustoms unlimited in garland. They do tons of shit.
    Hmmm i'd love to if i was close enough. Although, thats a good idea. It could be a good Idea to have a local place do it. Shouldnt be too much huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I have the 3.0.i love making things fast! But my wallet doesn't haha. I really wanna try this out on this car since its my daily commuter to make it more fun to drive 😆

Don't do your daily that way. Do a couple pep in her step mods make her clean af and get ANOTHER go to go balls out with as far as performance. For the car we have you cant have performance AND use this car as a daily. Even if you did have the money.

Fair point, i have been cleaning it up. I bought it a 1000 miles ago, and have since done belt, tensioners, cam/crank seals oil pump crank sensor fixed an exhaust leak,few tires and an oil change. :) this was a thing I was thinking about, and was wondering if it'd be a good idea. I have a some old fords im making fast haha

Yeah. I'm doing a vip style build. I don't feel like typing a list of my mods but it's not any major stuff. Auto start. Stanced. Straight piped. I just had a timing belt job and seals too and had a tranny rebuilt. Just making a nice city cruiser that can hit some good ass corners lol.

Streets are pretty fucked here in Dallas but fuck it.

Awesome man, i'm doing something similar to that lol I wanted to clean it up without forgetting to give the engine some goodies haha.

Dont know if they still make them but the "monster" hood had a slot for the original air filter location or close to it

Experienced TGC Member
    [IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Blog Entries
    That hood is slamming for real for real it gave that look more aggressive but that front bumper bro need to change it to JDM VR-4 like mines bro

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanjordan View Post
    That hood is slamming for real for real it gave that look more aggressive but that front bumper bro need to change it to JDM VR-4 like mines bro

As much as I like the front bumper set up on vr4 I will stick to my stock bumper with the lip.. Love my grill style and stock bumper. Dont get me wrong the jdm bumpers are SICK AF!!.. But to get one here will aslo be an arm and two legs.. Not to mention if I do the bumper grill would have to be done too and headlights. And thank you my friend.

^^ I love your front coconut, mainly because it's one of the few modified Gs with the 8gb front. I love the JDM front, but theres something about a clean 8gb front with a lip that I really like.
    Last edited by Techn0Nut1996; 01-21-2016 at 09:11 PM
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast