The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New veteran here...

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

New veteran here...

Hello all!
    I'm new to the Galant world and just bought a 2000 8g GTZ 3.0L. I'm a former owner/ builder of DSM's
    1990 Eclipse GSX 591 awhp with DP meth and some spray for lag and
    1998 Eclipse GST show car.
    Also, I built my first 12 second bottle fed and engine swapped CRX when I was 12 years old, then 2 more CRX's after that, a 91 MR2 turbo, and an 05' Neon SRT-4 with DP meth and a PTE 60-1.
    So I'm a bit experienced in the in the DSM 4g sector and over-all experienced in tuning and performance.
    Now that being said, I bought the car yesterday from a guy that was retiring and in the middle of the project. He was trying to install an Alpine head unit, 6 1/2" door speakers up front, and 6x9's in the back and had a leak in the floorboard of the drivers seat. (The leak is still there).
    The body was in decent shape and it had a set of wheels on it when I bought it. The carpet was in the trunk and he dynamat'd the floorboards.
    Since buying the car yesterday, I put in a new battery, starter, cold air intake, new fog lights, cleaned the engine bay, installed new valve cover gaskets bought new tires and finished the Alpine stereo system. I talked the gentleman down from $600 to $240! The car is pretty nice having leather seats and wood grain and it's quit a change of pace for me lol.
    I plan on purchasing the GR-2's and Tein S-type's for the suspension and getting some updated projector headlights pretty soon. I want to paint the car but don't know whether to do a professional flat black and give it a suddle straddle with some decent Rota wheels or go with Evo wheels and keep the paint the burgandy color. Either way I'm happy to be a part of the Galant world and look forward to conducting business with some of you and learning from all of you!
    Thanks for reading! Cheers!

Welcome! That's a hell of a deal and quite the bit of work for only having the car a day.

Post pics when you can.

Experienced TGC Member
    That is an awesome find and that was some quick work. Welcome to tgc

Welcome! Great find! Got any pictures?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)