The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Needing some Info

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Jc.thomas1979

Needing some Info

Just picked up a 98 talon tsi awd auto car and it has spun a bearing it is a turbo car I do know that I can put a 4g63. In place of the 4g63t what else is a direct swap ? Have been told that a 4g64 is a direct swap is this true and if so what yrs
    Last edited by Jc.thomas1979; 12-13-2015 at 02:42 PM

yes it is, just keep all the parts like starter plate and automatic flywheel from the talon. You wanna get the 96-98 galant engine since they already come with MPD sensor and crank sensor. You also gonna need a cam sensor from a 4g64 spyder eclipse
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Jc.thomas1979
    Learned earlier today that I can pull the bottom end out of a 2.4 and put into the 2.0 making it a stroker is this true and how will it do with the turbo?

you can make a stroker by using the 4g64 crank, but you'll need stroker pistons with an offset wrist pin(kind of expensive). The galant stock internals are good for probably 20 psi with a good tune, if not maybe 15psi on stock tune. If the Talon still has the stock t25 or even 14b then it will be just fine.

You can do a DOHC swap on the galant motor, but you need to disassemble the DOHC head from your talon and clean it very good(take it to a shop), because there will be metal specs from that bad bearing.

- - - Updated - - -

cheapest way is to get a 96-98 engine and a 4g64 spyder cam sensor.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread