The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2006 Galant SE Tire/Rims Issue

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

2006 Galant SE Tire/Rims Issue

I have a 2006 Galant SE I am replacing the tires on. The SE comes standard with 17" wheels, with a tire size of 215-55-17. The tires I am replacing are Goodyear Assurance Comfortred. The tires fit well and looked good despite being a passenger tire. However, I decided to go a different dirrection as I had a lot of problems with them losing air and they wore out pretty fast. I got a good deal on some Dunlap Signature II, but after being installed there was a 1/4 gap between the tires and the edge of the rims. The comfortred's laid flush with the rim. I found a really good deal on some Assurance Fuel Max and they looked very similar to the Comfortred, so I called Goodyear and they told me the sidewalls were essentially the same. I had one of them installed and it had the gap as well, but slightly less. I may have been able to live with the gap on these tires, but I did not like the sidewall at all, so I decided against. I've now been charged installation fees and I still don't have any tires. Can anyone tell me why I'm seeing this gap? Do you think I can be reasonably assured if I go with a performance tire it won't have the gap? I'm currently looking at the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 and the Yokohama Avid Envigor.

Do you have pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Do you have pictures?
    https://goo.gl/photos/asLBYvEKqXaxEbRR8
    Last edited by Schmack40; 12-20-2015 at 04:12 PM

I'm not exactly sure what gap your talking about.. I have a 2006 Galant DE. The stock rims were 16" with a tire of 215/65/16 and upped to a 18" room with 225/35/18... I have a huge gap in the wheel well but lowering helped that..

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    ~irishpride~[SIZE=5]

OK.. Guess I should have looked at the pictures first...

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    ~irishpride~[SIZE=5]