The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Multiple Electrical Issues

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Multiple Electrical Issues

I have the following issues;

• Car often times will not start, just a "click" and not the high screech sound of the starter gear not engaging....sometimes I'll turn the key rapidly about 10-20 times until car actually turns over. When it does, it's not a slow lethargic battery sounding start, sounds completely normal.
    • Headlights often times will not fire but the foglights always fire. I sometimes drive with my foglights only and have noticed if I hit a bump in road it sometimes causes the main headlights to fire.
    • Sunroof no longer opens/closes/responds to the control pad.
    • Windshield fluid pump no longer operates, doesn't even humm or try to push fluid, almost like the signal/power never reaches pump (less than a year old)
    • Horn no longer works, just randomly stopped working

I checked the fuses on side of steering column as well as the engine compartment and I found no blown fuses or obvious issues.

I'm thinking I have a grounding issue, am hoping a lot of these components share a grounding point, but I have zero idea where to look.

Any ideas or thoughts on if this sounds like a possible grounding issue rather than each individual component failing?

Any modifications or accessories added?

Only mod is the headlights are HIDs, about 4-5 years old. They have the ballasts which appear to be in solid condition , no corrosion or fraying, etc....

I had my dash out and in the process I dislodged the connector in the drivers kick panel (really I disconnected it and failed to reconnect it properly). I think it is the C66 - C67 connector. A lot of component wiring passes through it.

Multiple Electrical Issues

Thanks, I will check that out. I was pulling around the carpet pretty hard recently because my car had the AC drain clog that flooded the floor, so I was working around that area pretty rough to dry it.....
    Last edited by fauskie; 12-22-2015 at 05:14 PM

I would expect if the grounding was bad the fuses would blow. However, I would attempt to bypass each of the problematic issues to attempt locate where the issues actually are. Also, just like Foose said, all those things may run on the same circuit.