The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g v6 turbo info

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

8g v6 turbo info

Ok so basically what I'm looking for is anyone who has done this build, I am looking for the number of bends and what degree. I have the tears tone info from there page and I have looked at the photos. To me it looks like 4 90* bends and 2 45* bends for the manifolds and looks like 2 90* and a 45* for the d.p. however the manifold looks like it may be a 90* and something closer to either a 120* or 130* just don't want to get the wrong bends.

No one? I know guys have done this, can no one help with a question or just wont?

every manifold ive ever built i always get extra elbows. that is what it seems like youre talking about at least. how much are each elbow anyway? probably $20 each for the 308 ss bends.

True but I'm not asking about extra....I just want to try to get the correct angles. I don't want to order what I think it is only to be held up 2 weeks waiting for a better fitting piece that also isn't right. It would like buying 3 different heads to have none of them be right. Just looking for a idea on what is needed the first time.

Whoa bud its not a honda civic that everyone and their mother turbocharges and all the angles are set in stone. This is a platform where everyone has had to custom fit, bend and weld to make work. Not everyone has the same intercooler, some have relocated batteries, others are completely stock there's no exact number of bends. Especially on V6.

Whoa...I am asking about the exhaust pipe the runs from the manifolds ( using oem ) to the turbo itself. I was pretty clear that I have read, and video the info from tearstone on what to do and looked at the photos. My issue is more for the rear head and the manifold that turns up the over to the passenger side to drop into the oem cat. Off of that manifold it 90's down then comes under the oil pan. I guess that's the only angle that looks different to me can't tell if it is a hard 90* or if it is less like a 60*. The rest is not big deal I can fab all that most kits include a bunch of extra bend for that part.

- - - Updated - - -

I really think it's just as simple as saying " when I did mine I used a ?* bend so that I could clear the half shaft and subframe to get below the oil pan" .

Quote Originally Posted by troubled4g64t View Post
    No one? I know guys have done this, can no one help with a question or just wont?
    It is not that we aren't willing to help, it is just that literally only a few have Turbo'd their V6's, that includes the 3G and 4G Eclipses.

]
    I really think it's just as simple as saying " when I did mine I used a ?* bend so that I could clear the half shaft and subframe to get below the oil pan" .
    No its absolutely not that simple dude. It's that simple if someone else did it using exactly the parts you plan on using. Otherwise no one can give u a straight answer like that.

As Dave mentioned. The v6 had only been turboed less than a handful of times. So look at those builds and go from there. Or order extra bends and use what u need and keep the rest for spares. That's how I did my exhaust on mine. I order extra bends just to be safe and called it a day.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

i cant speak for any of the guys that have done custom 6g72 manifolds but every time i make a manifold (usually for a 4 cylinder) i literally order twice the amount of elbows i think im going to need. i even cut 90* elbows and make a pie cut if i have to to get a tad more bend. custom means custom. it takes someone with extreme skill to make a manifold, if it were as easy as "oh just get 5 90*, 4 60* and 3 45* then weld it all together then nobody would need to buy tearstones. im sorry we dont have the answer you wanted but its not just that simple.

I get what you all are saying. But again I am asking based off of the factory headers. And I'm just asking for a basic idea on really 1 or 2 bends. I just can't tell from photos and all I was wondering is more of a ballpark from the few that have done it. We all know it's tight behind the motor and the v6 is worse but I'm mainly looking at the rear if it was more of a straight 90* or a different agnle. Just want to get the pieces needed the first time and not be stuck w excess down time waiting for items to come in. But thanks

Buy some pvc pipes, mock it up. Problem solved
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I get what you all are saying. But again I am asking based off of the factory headers. And I'm just asking for a basic idea on really 1 or 2 bends. I just can't tell from photos and all I was wondering is more of a ballpark from the few that have done it. We all know it's tight behind the motor and the v6 is worse but I'm mainly looking at the rear if it was more of a straight 90* or a different agnle. Just want to get the pieces needed the first time and not be stuck w excess down time waiting for items to come in. But thanks
    Your comment implies that u know for sure someone else used the stock headers to turbo their v6 galant. Of u know someone who did then message that person directly and ask him what bends he used.

Now if u r purely assuming that someone actually used the stock headers to turbo it and you are hoping that someone did and not getting any answers then you're S.O.L

It's not rocket science. Think outside the box. Get pvc piping or something else and mock up what u need and then figure out your bends.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R