The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: head gasket repair and part numbers

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Icon10 head gasket repair and part numbers

Howdy howdy first post!! ihave a 02 galant es 4g64 with a blown the head gasket!! was just trying to find a good website or trusted vendor other than going down to the dealership directly and getting shanked..$150 for a peice of head gasket....... sooo where to find oem gasket part numbers?? i googled mitubishi parts websites but who do the fourms trust?? i see with this engine you dont wanna use cheap ones and i fail to see in all my research( when i search the first ting i get is the post "uh oh" ) where do yall list the actuall part number or a place to get a QUALITY "master gasket kit" i have seen talked about as well.. a little dissapointed and surprised at the lack of clear or easy to find info on headgasket repair on this forum if you think im lying search it for yourself...no stickys on basic information for fluids, tourque specs, maitnece schedules or anything... please any and all help would be apreciated!! forgive my spelling i realy dont care.. apreciate your time folks!!!

btw after searching all 4 mitsubish forums and about 3 days of searching i have ammased a good amount of info but having said that jump on the 4runner forum or a jeep forum or even a pesky eclipse forum these things are stickied or retagged for easing searching soooo i say this more for the next person tho searching after me but i have yet to find the oem part number for the gasket. and i found the FSM by finding the engine in the eclipse and dowloading it which is sad with the amount of "support" for these vehicles an ppl swappin turbo heads and all types of fancy shit!! us basic folks need basic info!!! :P

constructive criticisms always welcome!!

Welcome in!

For OEM Mitsubishi parts I always go to https://oemmitsubishiparts.com

I no longer have a local dealer so it's either part stores, junk yard or that site for me. I have done 2 head gasket jobs on these cars and both times I went with FelPro. No issues whatsoever with fitment, function or form.

felpro is where its at.

perfection!!!!

Thanks for the help fellow galanter's!! if this info is out there i wouldn't mind helping compile it in a clean fashion for us all!! Do my part and wat not but i just honestly didnt see much info cleanly displayed.