The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What do you think about these Headers? 3.0 V6

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

What do you think about these Headers? 3.0 V6

http://www.protuninglab.com/hds-me00...d=140848870138

What do you guys think about these headers? I've been thinking about getting these for my G. They're pretty cheap, and it's obvious that they will perform better than stock. I know there's better options but I'm trying to fast on a budget because I'm still in college haha. I'm mostly concerned with the fitment. Theyre for the eclipse 3G but from what I know, it's usually referred to as the 2door Galant. Will they fit? And I'm in texas, so removing cats is not a prob. So that issue isnt really, an issue to me. What do you guys think, are they worth the buy? Feel free to go into detail, i'm fairly educated on working on vehicles and performance stuff.

Also, as a solution for the problems that may arise with the o2 sensors, I'll space them out with some spark plug non-foulers, and I could seal off any egr stuff if I have to.
    Last edited by joelwithan03galant; 01-03-2016 at 12:38 PM

Save for a good used set of headers, or invest you money somewhere else.

Cheap sets in general:
    -Have fitment issues usually
    -Don't necessary perform better than oem.

Search the boards, headers have been covered extensively.

They won't fit right at all.

Here's what I have from Hytech Exhaust

15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    Here's what I have from Hytech Exhaust

I've been looking everywhere for some long tubes! I've had the most luck on Ebay, except the only ones for the 6g72 that I could find are for the '90-'99 3000gt or stealth, which IIRC, are 12-valve sohc, and I have the 24-valve, so I'm not so sure they would fit on my G. I read somewhere that the blocks were different, and if that's the case, then the heads might be different too right?

Excuse me for replying so late, life has a way of keeping you busy eh?

i have the headers that you linked in the first post. got them for $125 on ebay they do fit but you have to remove a bolt from each bank... As far as performance idk because my car stalls out too much that i never got a chance to take it out. And could you guys link me to a place where i could get 02 sensor spacers i cant find any and spark plug foulers dont fit the sensor completely...
    *RIP* my 4g64
    Hello my 6g72

Quote Originally Posted by 8GLover View Post
    i have the headers that you linked in the first post. got them for $125 on ebay they do fit but you have to remove a bolt from each bank... As far as performance idk because my car stalls out too much that i never got a chance to take it out. And could you guys link me to a place where i could get 02 sensor spacers i cant find any and spark plug foulers dont fit the sensor completely...
    maybe you bought the wrong foulers. keep in mind you're gonna have to drill one of the two out to make the trick work/fit. it takes two per sensor. I bought two and a tried it out and it worked fine. what do you mean by spacers?

Quote Originally Posted by joelwithan03galant View Post
    maybe you bought the wrong foulers. keep in mind you're gonna have to drill one of the two out to make the trick work/fit. it takes two per sensor. I bought two and a tried it out and it worked fine. what do you mean by spacers?
    by spacers i meant the same thing as spark plug non foulers. I just ordered some online for $15 dont have to tool to drill out the spark plug non foulers. did you ever get headers for your galant? and did you notice performance change?
    *RIP* my 4g64
    Hello my 6g72

Do not use a fouler on the upstream sensor PLEASE
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

doesnt that give 40+ hp though XD im not stupid
    *RIP* my 4g64
    Hello my 6g72