The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dreaded 2-3 shift flare

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

dreaded 2-3 shift flare

Been doing it for a while now. Normal driving it does it quite often, especially when drove for a while. If you put your foot in the gas, cant get it to do it much at all. Also bucked once taking off. Its a 2003 2.4l sohc galant. Its also been drained and new fluid. I'm sure this is in other threads...sorry. Anyone???

Did you replace the fluid with Diamond SP3?

This is the TSB that you're talking about right? -

http://mitsupartsworld.com/Diamante%...23004revii.pdf

I was looking at it before and came up with the conclusion, that it's just cheaper to replace the transmission with a used transmission than getting the upgraded components from Mitsubishi.

Experienced TGC Member
    I have two for sale, one with 70k miles and one with 141k or so. Make me an offer. Just sitting not doing anything. Well maintained with oe fluids. Dont want to scrap them if someone can use them.

Yes replaced fluid...and ya tsb I believe. Says to replace rear cover and od/reverse gear? What does that have to do with 2-3? Sorry I'm still new to Mitsubishis. What about the wave spring? Its almost like its not getting enough fluid pressure between those gears, getting on it...its fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Used trans? Probably have same issues

Experienced TGC Member
    No issues what so ever. I was never hard on my car. I just went 5 speed.

Bought this one last year..I drive it pretty normal. Seen a lot of the flare shifting problems. Wish u were closer. I would take u up on your offer

Experienced TGC Member
    Where are you located?

- - - Updated - - -

I am the original owner of my 02. Always been babied. Lol

Always??? Lol. I'm in southern Illinois. I also need someone to help me with timing belt and water pump replacement...$$$

Experienced TGC Member
    Yes sir ALWAYS!! Lol.