The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2004 GTS Stock Stereo Replacement

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

2004 GTS Stock Stereo Replacement

I am having a hell of a time trying to replace the Stock stereo in my 2004 GTS. Anyone know how to do this? I have put together the wiring harness but the new stereo is not working. And my dash says communication issue.

Do you have the factory amplified system and factory nav?

Sorry, didn't get an alert for a rely to thread. I have the Factory Infinity System. 270 watt amp 6 speakers. I purchased a 200w Kenwood dpx501bt receiver that outputs 4 channels. I have found the wiring diagram for the amp and have matched up each speaker to the output. Issues I am having are trying to incorporate the tweeters without blowing them. Seeing if I can use the RCA front/rear out from the receiver to the factory amp to not have to bypass the tweeters or risk blowing them. If I bypass the factory amp then I lose 70watts.

Also when I take out the stock stereo the dash lcd states communication error. So would like to see about preventing that from showing up if possible.

Quite honestly it sounds like you should have someone do this for you. The best way to use tweeter with an after market amp is to get aftermarket component speakers with a crossover if the 04 factory setup already has a crossover built in you shouldnt blow it unless you were going t blow the speakers anyway. Most factory speakers wont handle an aftermarket amp well. As far as your communication error I am not sure. I have the ralliart trim with factory touch screen and separate radio. I removed the radio and kept the screen and now have 2 screens. Only thing I lost was audio control from the factory screen, all other systems work fine

Well there is no aftermarket amp. Just the HU and the factory amp. If I could figure out how to wire the HU to the factory amp that would be best so I don't have to mess with the speaker cabling and the speakers would all work as intended. I could not find the amp converter cable that would allow wiring in an aftermarket HU. Do you know where I could find the cable to wire in the the factory infinity amp to the aftermarket HU?

Would the Mito-01 harness work for my system? I called my local Audio installer and they said I needed the harness but everything I have found states is is 2006 and up.

I gave up. After speaking with two local car audio companies and chatting with crutchfield it looks like because I have the infinitiy system there are no adapters for the 2004 gts to allow integrating an aftermarket system into the car. Basically, everything would have to be replaced and rewired and I don't feel like throwing that much cash at it. Oh well, Rolling stock sound it is then. Maybe I'll find a sweet FM transmitter to listing to my stereo with Pandora then.......

If that's all you wanted buy a wired FM Modulator. Cleaner sound than fm transmitter.