The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wet headliner after rain

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Wet headliner after rain

I have wet spots around the hole for my map lights and near the passenger visor. Actually at some point it dripped down around the shifter and cup holders. It just happened leaving a friends early this morning, so I can't look around until I get some day light. Any ideas where to look?

Gonna check the floors under the carpet, but I have a feeling it'll be just the headliner I hope.

Thanks for any tips.

Protect the map light assembly from wetness if rain is in your future. Mine shorted internally and it stopped the car from starting. I had to get it towed and it took the dealer 3 hours to locate the failure. New map light assembly and I was back on the road. Mitsubishi engineering 😡.

prob a bad seal in between the windshield and pinch weld. pull back the weather stripping and see if theres any rust. if there is then time for a new windshield, make sure they wire wheel the rusty spots and apply extra urethane in there to make sure it seals in the future.

Thanks guys for the quick response. I actually tested things a few mins ago, spent about 15 mins spraying all sides of the sunroof individually full blast close range, checking the liner each time. Then did both windshields, even sprayed the front weatherstripping from up top and then aimed underneath spraying from the front of the car. Topped off with a forceful bucket splash and...nothing, not a drop.

My guess is maybe the sunroof was slightly cracked, even though I randomly checked a few days before to make sure it was fully closed. Then again I didn't slide the cover back to make sure. Kinda just let it back an inch, and then press foward. So I thought maybe when I open/close it the seal changes. So I did it again, this time all the way, sprayed everything and still nothing.

So for now I'll see what happens next time it rains. Will definitely keep the tips you all have given in the back of my head. Much appreciated.