The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel Consumption Control Unit F@*%!

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Fuel Consumption Control Unit F@*%!

My 97 Galant started sputtering and not getting gas, so after new pump, new filter, new pressure return valve, mechanic says my consumption control unit is bad. Says it only came on CA emissions cars (Im in NC, bought car in SC) and after contacting 4 different dealers in NC, GA, CA, and MA they all say part is obsolete and un-gettable. I did find one on a website based in the UAE but for $200!
    None of the salvage yards Ive called are pulling this part off any cars they may have had, and Ive gotten zero hits for it on Ebay. I need part no. MR161489, but I have found several MR239764 which is for the same year Montero (and maybe Eclipse)
    Anyone had this issue? Or have any insight to the interchangeability of the two?
    If the part is obsolete, and cant be got, I cant just junk the whole car because of one stupid little part.
    Help?

"the fuel consumption module" is simply a relay that trigger the fuel pump when the car is cranking (getting cam signal). Thats all it does. It has nothing to do with fuel consumption at all.

Now the only way to know that the car is not getting gas is to have a gauge monitoring the fuel pressure while the car is running. It should be around 40-42 psi with the vacuum line connected to the fuel pressure regulator, or 48-50psi with the vaccum line removed.

To me it sounds more like a massive vacuum leak, or spark problem - distributor/crank position sensor. Either way, it should throw a code. Is the check engine light on?

Here's the diagram, and thats how you can bypass the module.

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

It seems that only the 97-99 2g Eclipse Spyder with 2.4L share the same relay with the same pinout, although it may have different part number.

Here's a link if you wanna give it a shot.

http://e-wrench-it.com/search?keywor...dd95f3b3c07fb=

OR

contact Stevie Miller and ask him, im sure he has a non turbo spyder in the yard.

https://www.facebook.com/Miller-Impo...82276/?fref=ts
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread