The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Locked my keys inside car

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Locked my keys inside car

I have an 04 Galant ES I locked my keys inside any tips or tricks to get them out?

Probably a locksmith
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Tow services have a neat little tool for locked in keys. It shaped like a flat card with a hand pump, they slide it under the window frame and pump it up enough so that creates an opening enough to slide in a thin round bar that reaches in and unlocks the car.

It happened to my wifes honda.

I just used a coat hanger and popped it through the rubber seal between the door and the frame towards the top. Hit the unlock button and was in. It was sadly easy and took minutes.

What year and model did you do that on?

Try the coat hanger method, shouldn't be too hard to get the door open slightly no matter the year of car.

2007 Mitsubishi Galant ES. On my car there's a really thick black piece of rubber that seals the door when it's closed. I took a coat hanger and jammed it through then pulled it out and made a really small L shape, popped it through again and really carefully fished it down until I hit the unlock.

On my 07' I locked mine in the trunk..DOH! I drove my other car to the dealership, gave them my vin number and they cut me a new key for $30. It wasn't a "perfect" fit but it got me into the car and I was able to pop the trunk and get my other keys. (It was also just the key not the keypad electronic unit)