The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 05 galant gts 3.8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    Getting spark n fuel?

Lindsey
    yup. 102 for both with my discount through my job.

- - - Updated - - -

Mechanic shop is saying its not getting spark and they have no clue why. I told them I'm not touching it BC they messed it up and they can fix it and I'm not paying them a penny. So guess I'll be going to court!

Heck your fuses, sounds like engine management fuse.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lindsey
    They said today its not getting fuel but that fuel pump and fuel rail are fir

- - - Updated - - -

They said today its not getting fuel from somewhere. But that my fuel pump and fuel rail are firing. Idk wtf they have done. And honestly I'm getting pissed...

Fuel pressure regulator?

Lindsey
    Trying to figure out where its at on the 3.8

- - - Updated - - -

I would be able to fix it all day if I knew absolutely everything they have messed with, but working as much as I have been I haven't had much time. Im off today so I'm spending super bowl working on my car.

You are not getting spark or fuel?

Lindsey
    I have a video of it I just don't know how to post it

- - - Updated - - -

m

Lindsey
    Here's the video

Summarize everything we know so far. Fuses are all good? No spark and no fuel? You replace the camshaft and crankshaft sensors? The car was running fine before you did the timing belt? You originally did the timing belt and water pump, camshaft and crankshaft sensor? You said that it would not run right after you did that. Then you said you brought it into the dealership for low idle? You said the shop that your oil pump who is bad? How many psi is the oil pump providing? How much vacuum are you pulling? What are the compression readings in the cylinders? You must do the compression test properly or you will get inaccurate result. Summarize for us everything. Did you disconnect the battery when you did the timing belt originally?

Lindsey
    It was running the day I dropped it off. the mechanic shop has done all the work and I've been without a vehicle for almost two weeks now b of them. Everything is reading good, it just won't turn over I'm doing this thread to get information from them because I feel as if they have no clue what the hell they're doing...

You don't have a vacuum leak? The oil pressure is good? The compression on cylinders is good? You're not getting spark? You're not getting fuel? Your fuses are all good? The valves are not damaged? Oftentimes if you have a bad camshaft or crankshaft sensor this precise behavior will be the result. This happened to me on my 2.4 galant. I had a counterfeit camshaft sensor. It's possible your computer is toast but I don't see why considering. Did you unplug the battery when you did the original timing service?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12