The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2g eclipse turbo

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

2g eclipse turbo

hey guys my friends 2g eclipse gs-t has a small problem

car runs when it gets hot it dies, start it up it runs for 1 second and then dies again, let it sit for about an hour and it starts and runs fine, and then it'll do it again later......someone suggested the fuel filter is clogged, can i get another opinion

Kain
    Sounds like the coolant temperature sensor (the one for the ECU, not the one for the gauge) needs replacing.

if the throttle body is dirty, clean it.

Recheck it then.

if it still idles poorly, the PROBABLE issue is a failing IAC motor. however, this should be fully diagnosed prior to replacing.

well its not really the idle, it runs fine, then u hear a noise then like a minute later it dies

ok JIP came over and checked the car, it ran fine, datalogger had 3 failed sensors, speed, cam and crank, now after the ecu was resetted the codes never came back up, we ran the car with the logger in, everything was fine, as soon as he left the car died, only thing different between when he was there and after was the turbo timer being on

also do you think it could be a fuel problem with the fuel pump, filter and regulator?

Experienced TGC Member
    Its something with the fuel system I believe its the pump that is cutting off. They say they hear a click sound before the car dies. The datalogs are totally normal. The speed sensor is dead, I think the cam/crank error is just from the car misfiring when it shuts down.

Im gonna change the fuel pump this weekend for em so we'll see how things go...
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon