The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Milwaukee Wisconsin

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Milwaukee Wisconsin

New here I have a 8g galant that I absolutely love to death. She has 237,000 well earned miles she's on her 2nd motor and original transmission still. I swapped the motor at 190k with another 4g64 with 67k that I ordered online. other then simple up keep and replacement parts she's in her original glory.

I have some plans with my tax check this year to get Windows tinted, rims\tires, DVD player in dash.

I travel alot so that's why I have such high miles I plan on making her go another 200k and with regular maintenance and not beating the piss out of her I think I'll make it there. I already have another trans that came out of the same car as the motor sitting wrapped up in a storage locker. Not hoping I need it anytime.

Another thing I'd really love to buy is heated seats, have any members swapped some into a 8g? And anyone know of seats that will match the interior?

Anyways once I figure out how to post pictures I'll put some up after my rims and tint which I hope to have by the beginning of the month. Otherwise it's just a plain old goldish tan colored 8g that's still real clean for a Wisconsin/Chicago car.

Use photobucket to post pictures. Thats a shit ton of miles for original trans! Mine went out at 196k. Hows the rust?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Luckily no rust I've always been really good at washing salt off it right away so the body is in really nice shape still. The paint still shines like it was new to.

I'm just waiting on putting rims on it. I've never beat on it to much I just drive alot of highway miles. I can easily put 2-5k on it in a week.

Nice!! Rust is killer.. Its nice to see people take care of their cars! Welcome!

Not sure if thats how you use photobucket but thats my car. Just got done washing the nights salt off her. Since i stay at hotels alot my car is never garage kept and i pretty much live hotel to hotel during the winter years i wash the salt off every night.

I tried to post a pic of it but it says mods gotta approve it im guessing its because im new.

The previous owner of my daily put in aftermarket heated seats here:

http://truckandautoelegance.com/

Price was $400 for the pair, came with 3 year warranty.

Am semi-local and all still works, every issue I've had has been covered under warranty.

Thank you for the info, ive been trying to find one at a junk yard or something to swap in but just havent found the correct color yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the pic of her tonight after a wash, since i stay in hotels all the time its not garage kept but i try to wash the salt off every night in the winter. And luckily ive kept all the rust away.

I like it! I'm wanting to swap some heated seats into my accord as well, have you got anything else in mind that you want to do to the car?

With my tax refund i have 3900 to spend on my car this year since im keeping it instead of buying something new. My plans are

1. New rims and tires
    2. Alignment after rims and tires
    3.DVD/ satellite T.V system in dash and headrests (lots of long trips in this car and sometimes if its to late ill sleep in the back seat while traveling if i feel like its to late to pay for a hotel room. Doesnt happen often but when it does tv would be nice)
    4. Heated seats are in my wish list if i can find the correct color and fitting seats.
    5.maybe a small subwoffer. Ive already got aftermarket alpine mp3 bluetooth aux player in the car with alpine speakers all around but taking out the deck and putting in a dvd id like a little more base but not to much that the trunk is not usable.
    6. Window tint 5% all around to keep the inside hidden.
    7. I have a viper alarm needs to be installed(already own it)
    8. Remote start needs to be installed (already own it)

Thats all not really needing speed parts just stuff to make my trips a bit more enjoyable and comfert is more on my mind then speed as i get older.