The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: timing belt and vibration

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

timing belt and vibration

Ok...need help please. I got a 2003 galant 2.4l auto. Car ran great but wanted to change out timing belt etc. I dont know if it ever has. I bought it last year. Anyways bought all the parts and because i'm a novice i took it to a shop which i've dealt with for years. They replaced both timing belts, waterpump, crankshaft sensor, pulleys....Now it is louder and has a nasty vibration, even at idle but worse between 2-3k. Took it back and they took it back apart and swears everything is lined up. They fiddled with it and i started it back up and still same result. They claimed they even contacted mitsu about it and they never heard of the problem???? um...ok. Pretty much one of the balance shafts has to be out of synch but they dont agree. I'm not happy at all. What do you all think?

Balance Shaft driven by oil pump is off. Theres and access hole in the block behind the exhaust manifold that is used to test to make sure the balancer is in the right spot.

Ya...I tried to explain to them. Said everything's lined up. They finally got it right. Thanks