The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lightweight crankshaft pulley 4G69

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Lightweight crankshaft pulley 4G69

Hi friends!
    From the title of the thread is clear about what will be discussed. At the moment there is a spare 4G69 engine. With this engine I'm conducting different experiments. It will also be a great and interesting topic. Probably a couple of months. When I get results. For this project, I try to use all possibilities to increase the capacity.

In this topic I want to talk about making the lightweight crankshaft pulley. I've seen a lot of graphics power, those who set up such a pulley. This gives you about 5-7 HP. And faster acceleration of the engine.

Originally I wanted to just buy on ebey. But unfortunately, found nothing suitable for a 4g69. There are a few pieces for the EVO. But with a caveat.
    Firstly, they're all reduced size. This is not good. The power steering, pump, alternator and air conditioning will not work properly.
    Secondly you have to choose the size of the other belt.
    Third, they mainly made in China. Now I will tell you in more detail.
    I didn't have to buy a pulley. My friend bought one a year ago this pulley. He gave me a sample.

On the pictures it looked not bad. But in fact it was much worse. Nick on the working edges. Low purity of processing. The absence of the protective layer. Small size (125mm)
    Also on sale is colored (red, blue, etc.) However, the layer thickness of 5-7 microns. It serves only a decorative layer instead of a protective layer. It did not suit me. I decided to do the pulley.

- - - Updated - - -

First. You have to understand something to start from. Weighed the stock pulley.

Factory engineers from model to model of reduce weight. For example. Pulley 4G64 weighs 2300 g. The pulley is made of three parts. Outer, inner and rubber damper. In the engine 4G69 inner part made of aluminum alloy.

- - - Updated - - -

I made a few 3D models. With different numbers of holes and different shapes.

- - - Updated - - -

Then made detailed drawings of the product.

- - - Updated - - -

Next you need to choose the material. I don't know why the pulleys are made of alloy 6061. For the part which works on friction it's not quite right. More properly applied to the 2024 alloy and with heat treatment. In Russia, this has an analogue alloy (Д16T). If you take grade alloys, we will see all the advantages of 2024 alloy over the 6061 alloy. Although it is somewhat more expensive.
    Purchased material for fabrication of parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Started to make.

- - - Updated - - -

After the item is made, is thermostrengthening in a special oven.

Electroplating is applied to a hard anodic coating (60 microns).
    Now the pulley is protected from corrosion and wear-resistant.

- - - Updated - - -

Print logos by laser.

- - - Updated - - -

Weighed. More than three times lighter. Good result.

- - - Updated - - -

Further, what would a normal product, it is necessary to produce a package.

- - - Updated - - -

The product is ready. You may ask, how much is it? In my case it is $130.

That's it. Listen to your comments.
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

Wow. Incredible talent. Quality product.
    Would u consider making for the 6a13??

Hi, are you planning to make one for the 4G64?
    De que estamos hablando?

Can be done for any model engine. In Russia, too, there are a few people willing to do for 63, 64 engines and 6a13. I usually gather a group of 5 people and do for them. Can I enable you to? It will be ready by the end of March or early April.

Trotty and PR8GG have you been in business? I'm gonna count?

If u can get me a price there are some serious engine builds in the process in Aus. I wouldn't be ready for a few months myself. But would be very interested.

Just seeing if this is still a possibility. In need of a balancer for my 6a13 pretty quick.

How can I purchase one of these for my 4g69? What are the benefits? Trying to do some performance mods for my 04 galant