The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How many of us still have/drive a 7G? What do you have and hows it holding up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35

How many of us still have/drive a 7G? What do you have and hows it holding up?

The 7G forum is almost like a ghost town so I was wondering how many of us still have/drive a 7G? What do you have and hows it holding up?
    I still have my 94ES that I bought new, a 94GS that I picked up for $200 after its engine blew a rod thru the block (I replaced the engine with another DOHC and had the trans take a dump so I replaced the trans) a 96ES that I got for $200 after the auto died (did a 5 speed swap) and a 98ES that I bought new. All still run. The 94 is my winter car because it has studded snow tires. It is becoming a beater due clear coat letting go, cracked dash and minor hit in the rear. The 98 is my warm weather car and other than the paint is in very good condition. The other two are my spares waiting their turn to become daily drivers.
    Last edited by eksz; 03-11-2016 at 09:40 PM
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

I have a 94 ES that's under the knife and a 97 DE for a beater.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I daily drive my 94GS. Still gets great mpg and treats me great as long as i treat her right.
    Other than the typical dsm passenger airbag cover warping and the headliner fabric peeling the interior is in fantasic shape. Exterior is great too for a 20+ year car. Minor dings and minimal surface rust aside still looks great!

I also had a 94LS that was a fantastic car, had around 280k on it and the tranny started to get slow to accelerate until past 35ish mph. It got parked and never started up again for a few years. I stripped it this past winter and scrapped it though. But it was a fine car only parked due to acquiring a new family vehicle.

There are a few for sale locally that im considering buying to keep em alive. Love these cars. Im also currently saving to import one in the next few years when they are legal.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

I want a legitimate GS, not a swapped one lol. I may br a trim below but it's not the same. I could probably remove the viento badge and put the GS one on but it won't be as cool haha

As long you keep building yours itll still be dopeskies in my book :D

Im always on craigslist hoping to score another GS.

I have two GS heads but not a complete car lol. No one will ever know....wait, people still don't even know what I drive lmao

Yeah in the past year I have seen one 6g on the road that i always see an old man drives to the post office in it by my house a lot haha. And i have only seen two 7gs one was is decent shape was a 94-96 and the other was a ragged out 97-98 that had a nasty water pump whine as it drove by lol
    I see 8gs and 9gs all day everyday.

Every car meet I go to everyone is so curious about my car lol its funny and sad at the same time.

I'm the same with the meet thing. Everyone is more interested in the Rhd car on the other side of the lot haha

Yeah r32s everywhere last meet I went to had 4. I was only slightly jealous of one of em Lol

We'll always be the only 7gs at meets I bet, except a galant only meet or MOD but even then chances are slim. Sad but true.

32s, some 33s, alot of Rhd nissans basically and a couple of toyotas. The only mitsus at my meets are lancers to evos and a small group of 1Gs or 2Gs but I'm not a true dsm. I have dsm badges but I'm not one lol

Yeah there are some 33s and 34s here but i dont like 34s and i just dont acknowledge them since they are grey market and illegal as fuuu. There was a nice silvia at cars and coffee last month. Never any 1gs here and only the one 2g in my local club go to meets here. Evos everywhere here though.

As far as not being a dsm im not gonna get into that argument right now lol

One more vote for more 7g love, we know you are out there! Where's Kevin or John when you need them lol...

You know whats here. 94 ES i bought for 1k, me and Bronxbomr did a 5spd swap back in the day. Then i turboed it, dohc-ed it and rebuilt it with forged internals. it went thru many paint jobs to end up in green color. I bought the 94 gs in 2012 from Chris (Galanttuner10) w/o engine or trans. I went full retard as i AWD swapped it. it has been my daily since then.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    You know whats here. 94 ES i bought for 1k, me and Bronxbomr did a 5spd swap back in the day. Then i turboed it, dohc-ed it and rebuilt it with forged internals. it went thru many paint jobs to end up in green color. I bought the 94 gs in 2012 from Chris (Galanttuner10) w/o engine or trans. I went full retard as i AWD swapped it. it has been my daily since then.
    What happened to your build thread? You always had some interesting stuff in there. Link don't seem to work in your sig.

the link works tho

Build Thread

I have a 94 2.0 V6 with 150HP and a 93 2.5 V6 4WD 4WS with 170HP

Just took my 94ES over 300K miles.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Quote Originally Posted by eksz View Post
    Just took my 94ES over 300K miles.
    I still have my 94 GS. going to hold on to it for a little while.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

I wish I still had mine...would be a great commuter. My new-ish G is thirsty! If I can find a clean VR4 I might import one since they are so cheap

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

im still here. I log in every day for that matter

Build Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast