The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Abs/cruise nightmares

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Abs/cruise nightmares

Working on a 2k3 LS V6. ABS/TCL lights staying on, Cruise stopped working. At the shop, car wouldn't communicate with scanner. Using the self digs (pin 1/4 on OBD plug), car threw a code 13, right rear wheel sensor. Sensor put up 1.6 on resistance test, which is actually higher than spec. Any thoughts?

I can't speak to the scanner problem, but the ABS light came on for the same wheel on my 03 LS V6, and when I pulled the sensor out of the hub it had metal shavings on it (it's magnetic). Cleaned it off and it cleared after driving.

Honestly I don't think that's your problem, but the situation was so similar I figured I'd share what happened to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GaB

Thanks. I did forget to mention that I had already taken them all off and cleaned them. I hate to think it, but I'm beginning to believe there is either a short in the harness or a problem with the ECU. *Shudder*

I sincerely hope that's not the case. But if it is, let us know what happened and how you fixed it

GaB

So as it turns out, I accidentally ordered the wrong sensor, no big deal. Swapped it out anyway. Can't get the existing code-throwing sensor out of th hub ass'y. I've tried pb blaster, vise grips, hammer, screwdriver... no dice. Unfortunately I don't have a torch to heat the hub or an air hammer, so I think I'm going to defer to the shop at least to get the old one out. Any thoughts?

I had to leave PB blaster on some stuff overnight and slowly work it back and forth for it to trickle into the threads. Just took a lot of patience and a lot of lubricant.

Most importantly load that anti-seize on the next one.

GaB

Oh most definitely. God forbid but if I ever have to do this again, I shan't have these problems with my own work lol

I managed to get the old one out. Went to pry it out, broke it, and wound up (against my better judgement) drilling it out. No matter. It's out. Ordered new one for $40 from oemmitsubishiparts.com, over 160 at the parts store.

I'm currently cutting through the nuts that are seized onto my struts and figuring out how to get to Lowe's to get new ones, against my better judgement. Cars am I right?

GaB

Cars indeed... got the wheel speed sensor replaced today, abs/tcl lights are now gone, but cruise is still a craps? Vacuum lines=>pump=> cruise module... right train?

So happy to have the lights off on the dash. Narrowed down to a bad CC switch. Will post meter settings for testing in knowledge base