The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tweeters~

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Tweeters~

Hi everyone,

I hope this is not too annoying to ask about this, since I have already seen a few post about it, but I'm still not so sure what needs to be done here...

okay, short story begin,
    I've visited a junkyard near by, and found (well, found it on their website before I go, of course) a few Galants and Eclipse there,
    so there I was, and found some goodies to refresh my G a little bit, yay!!
    Didn't see any tweeters on the Galants, some don't have it, some just been taken off already /.\
    but then I found 2 sets on the Eclipses, o yeah!!

Now, I've got the parts, at least the most expensive ones,
    I know I still need the brackets (MR300113 & MR300114),
    I need some wire to connect them to the front speakers,
    I saw some post mentioned about the Bass Blocker Crossover, do I need them??
    and is that everything?

A little spec of what I have now:
    2000 ES without the Inifinity system, have put in a Pioneer Walmart bundle (DXT-X2669UI), including all 4 speakers and the h/u
    pretty much it...

Please~~~ Help!!

Alright, all solved, I guess I'll report how it went in case there is ever anyone would get in the same questions:

I have finally seen the Bass Blockers are already on the tweeters (again, the OEM ones),
    so all has been done to make them join the choir, is wire them up with the speakers,
    MR300113 & MR300114 again are the best part you could get (if you can still find it with any luck) to make the factory look,
    though I can't tell a big difference before and after the installation, it just feel more complete :)
    Last edited by yhkwok; 05-23-2016 at 07:14 PM

I'm not very knowledgable on audio systems...

Can I get the tweeters and just wire 'em up to a stock, non-infinity setup? Do they splice into the front door speakers?

02' Galant ES 2.4L

You bet~ That's exactly what I've done, though I was lazy enough to let a shop do this for me, but yes, the front door speakers are where they wire up the tweeters.

Quote Originally Posted by yhkwok View Post
    You bet~ That's exactly what I've done, though I was lazy enough to let a shop do this for me, but yes, the front door speakers are where they wire up the tweeters.
    Cool, thanks!

02' Galant ES 2.4L