The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A Ricer's Dream.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 66
  1. #1
    Senior TGC Member Blue8g's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-15-2011
    Location
    Wherever I can Find a B30 8g
    Posts
    2,061

    A Ricer's Dream.

    A couple weekends back, I bought my (realistic) dream car, a 2000 Honda S2000 (award for most confusing name goes to...).

    I bought the car in largely all stock condition, just a different stereo and K&N short ram intake (this thing SCREAMS in VTEC).

    Also came with a couple extra sets of wheels, two of which I'll be selling. It also came with a sweet rust weight reduction mod which I'm going to deal with this spring.

    Car as purchased (including the UGLY snow wheels/tires)








    As can be seen in pictures, the car's major flaws are the rust (contained to one quarter panel thankfully) and a tear in the driver's seat. Stuff that isn't as noticeable is the wear on the center console, the driver's side sun visor is missing, many rock chips on the front bumper, paint fade on the side mirrors and some corrosion on the battery tie-down & radiator stays.

    So what are my goals for this car?

    First things first, I want to get the car sorted, I'm going to put on my stock AP1 (1st gen S2000) wheels & Dunlop Direzza ZII tires, fix the rust, replace the 'ugly' parts in the engine bay, purchase a sun visor, change fluids, get an alignment, etc.

    Once that has been achieved, I want to live out my early 2000's dreams & achieve a car that would not look out of place cruising around Osaka in 2003. This is more than just an aesthetic ideal, I will be modifying the car to achieve a 'balance.' Very basic drivetrain modifications, simple (but high quality) suspension modifications, detail interior pieces & a loud exterior, achieved through minimal modification rather through a few parts with great presence.

  2. #2
    I love the car man, its hard to beat a 2 seater convertible! I like the plans for it as well, what aesthetic mods do you want to do?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX

  3. #3
    Senior TGC Member Blue8g's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-15-2011
    Location
    Wherever I can Find a B30 8g
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    I love the car man, its hard to beat a 2 seater convertible! I like the plans for it as well, what aesthetic mods do you want to do?
    Well, I'll be honest I've already purchased a front lip for the car, but I'll post that up once it gets here in a few months (made to order in Japan...4 month lead time haha), I don't like posting before I have stuff in my hands. Other than that, I'm really not sure how I failed to include my existing part collection.

    As for interior pieces, I've got an NSX-R shift boot and Arvou shift knob.




    ***I've also got that S2000 CR radio door, but I'm not 100% that I'll actually install it.

    On the outside, thus far I've got some 17x8.5 +31 Advan RG, which I'm going to refinish to like new except substituting a pewter grey stripe for the dark blue to avoid clashing with the red paint.



    I've also got a full Ti J's Racing 60RS exhaust.


  4. #4
    Nice!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX

  5. #5
    Time to take that sucker to a road course! Chasing those things through the twisties, I never see them hit the brakes.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein


  6. #6
    Senior TGC Member Blue8g's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-15-2011
    Location
    Wherever I can Find a B30 8g
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    Time to take that sucker to a road course! Chasing those things through the twisties, I never see them hit the brakes.
    I aim to do an autocross or two this year, I can't have sticky Direzza ZII and not play with the car at least a bit!

  7. #7

  8. #8
    TGC Lifetime Patron Palmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-14-2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    532
    ive always liked the interior of these cars it reminds me of the Viper interior
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

  9. #9
    Got to drive lots of these when I was a tech for honda. Lots of fun! After I realized how much money they could be i ended up getting the little brother and got a miata. Sadly I had to sell it but I got to enjoy the top less 5 speed rwd fun for a little.

  10. #10
    Senior TGC Member Blue8g's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-15-2011
    Location
    Wherever I can Find a B30 8g
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    They are great cars, and those Advans are sweet!
    Thanks! I'd like to pick up a set of 17x9 +49 Weds TC105N to go alongside them, but no rush on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    ive always liked the interior of these cars it reminds me of the Viper interior


    Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    Got to drive lots of these when I was a tech for honda. Lots of fun! After I realized how much money they could be i ended up getting the little brother and got a miata. Sadly I had to sell it but I got to enjoy the top less 5 speed rwd fun for a little.
    I actually had a Miata prior to this, sold it because the engine just didn't have the 'feel' I knew was always there in a proper Honda DOHC.

  11. #11
    I thought you had a miata, wasn't it white?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX

  12. #12
    Ive actually seen a miata running in scca with a b18. I was watching it while they were doing practice runs and I was like that doesn't sound like a miata. later that day I went to look at it and bam b18c inside. ran strong, it beat out a lot of the cars times that were doing their practice runs.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein


  13. #13
    Senior TGC Member Blue8g's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-15-2011
    Location
    Wherever I can Find a B30 8g
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    I thought you had a miata, wasn't it white?
    Mine was Montego blue, as pictured here:



    Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    Ive actually seen a miata running in scca with a b18. I was watching it while they were doing practice runs and I was like that doesn't sound like a miata. later that day I went to look at it and bam b18c inside. ran strong, it beat out a lot of the cars times that were doing their practice runs.
    I've seen K20/24 Miatas, never seen a B-series, that's pretty wild.

  14. #14
    Nice a guy who worked where I worked had a yellow s2k on enkei NT03's with what looked like iwas a J's exhaust. That thing was loud at idle/startup. Never got a chance to hear it driving cause we were on diff shifts.

    If you plan on keeping the intake ans ever need a new filter, dc sports has some nice dry filters with metal construction. The metal is PC wrinkle black and the filter material is red. Also they have a velocity stack. I actually have both a 3" and 4.5" for when I switched to a bigger maf adapter. The 4.5 has like an additional inner funnel on top to aid in velocity I think. Could be my imagination but i think the all metal construction adds more sound compared to traditional filters.
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 03-26-2016 at 01:04 PM

  15. #15
    Senior TGC Member Blue8g's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-15-2011
    Location
    Wherever I can Find a B30 8g
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Nice a guy who worked where I worked had a yellow s2k on enkei NT03's with what looked like iwas a J's exhaust. That thing was loud at idle/startup. Never got a chance to hear it driving cause we were on diff shifts.

    If you plan on keeping the intake ans ever need a new filter, dc sports has some nice dry filters with metal construction. The metal is PC wrinkle black and the filter material is red. Also they have a velocity stack. I actually have both a 3" and 4.5" for when I switched to a bigger maf adapter. The 4.5 has like an additional inner funnel on top to aid in velocity I think. Could be my imagination but i think the all metal construction adds more sound compared to traditional filters.
    I hope to replace the intake at some point with something more in keeping with my overall goal with the car to make something that would take me back in time to 2003 Osaka. For now though, the K&N will do & the filter is 'cleanable.'

  16. #16
    Makes sense with your given theme in mind

  17. #17
    Senior TGC Member Blue8g's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-15-2011
    Location
    Wherever I can Find a B30 8g
    Posts
    2,061
    Another couple days, another couple purchases.

    I've become a bit of a stickler for maintenance, so I picked up some fluids for the car.

    (OEM Honda MTF2 & coolant not pictured)



    Today, I picked up a seat that looks terrible in pictures for some reason...but looks pretty much new in person.



    Also, I put the AP1 wheels on my car, tossed in my new sunvisor & swapped out the old rusted battery tie down for my new one.




    So happy with this car.
    Last edited by Blue8g; 03-27-2016 at 05:20 PM

  18. #18
    I would throw up in your car if I had to look at that instrument cluster ever again!

  19. #19
    Senior TGC Member Blue8g's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-15-2011
    Location
    Wherever I can Find a B30 8g
    Posts
    2,061
    Drove this thing for the first time since the day I brought it home.

    4 Hours & 200 miles later, nothing is broken.


  20. #20
    Senior TGC Member Blue8g's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-15-2011
    Location
    Wherever I can Find a B30 8g
    Posts
    2,061
    Rust repair completed!


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •