The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A Ricer's Dream.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 71
    Much has come in/been done since I last updated this.

Got my lip/canards, coilovers and seat in.

Lip/Canards are J's Racing.

Coilovers are HKS Hipermax IV GT.

Seat is a Recaro Pole Position ABE. Essentially a European only street version of the Pole Position.

Installed my Spoon radiator stays:

Swapped out cabin air filter after taking the car on a 1,000 mile road trip through the wilderness.

Put a new stereo in my daily Fit.

Went to a drift day with my friend.

All in all, car life good. Rest of life, eh.

Glad you found some coils you like, they look nice, and I'm sure they're quality as long as hks has been around. The rest of the parts stash is sick too. Probably gonna end up with your own version of the touge monster lol

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Glad you found some coils you like, they look nice, and I'm sure they're quality as long as hks has been around. The rest of the parts stash is sick too. Probably gonna end up with your own version of the touge monster lol
    Pretty much my goal for the car haha.

Thanks man, I just ordered another couple parts, this car is a huge money pit....with the money I'll have into the car by next summer I'm very close to buying a new Miata in cash

Crazy how fast you can spend money on cars.

I know what you mean, ever think about getting a hard top? These are one my favorite track cars, they haul ass with the right driver.

What are the differences between the U.S. and Euro Pole Position? Is it not FIA certified since a street version, sure looks like a race seat.

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    I know what you mean, ever think about getting a hard top? These are one my favorite track cars, they haul ass with the right driver.

What are the differences between the U.S. and Euro Pole Position? Is it not FIA certified since a street version, sure looks like a race seat.
    I like the hard top visually, but I LOVE driving top down, will be even better once I get the exhaust on. Plus, OEM hard tops are between $3500 and $4500, I can buy a nice BBK & ITB's for that, which I'd rather have haha.

I hope to track it next year, though at that point having $1300 in aero on the front bumper will be a bit stressful

This isn't a standard euro-spec Pole Position. The Pole Position ABE has thicker headrest padding & larger harness holes at the hip point to allow for a standard 3 point belt receiver to fit through safely, as such the seat is TUV certified. As far as I know, it is the only fixed back aftermarket seat certified with them & therefore legal for street use in Germany. Is actually the OEM seat for the SLS AMG & SLS AMG Black series, as well as the C/CLK63 AMG Black.

Pole Position ABE in an S2000 illustrating the seat belt function:

Yea I guess spending all that money to cover up a conevertible doesnt make alot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    Yea I guess spending all that money to cover up a conevertible doesnt make alot of sense.
    I'll buy one eventually, after I've done pretty much everything else.

Or if a great deal comes up.

My ultimate goal is to have 3 different bumpers, a hard top & a few different sets of wheels so I can change the car's aesthetic to fit my desire at a given moment.

The cars looking great!!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Picked up J's Racing S2 front RCA.

Picked up Mugen Compliance bushings.

Tossed on ARC cooling plate.

The fleet after sitting for a week.

Nice, more goodies. Not sure what those bushings are going on, but out of curiosity are mugen versions use firmer rubber. Cause I think thats the case with nismo like when I had their exhaust hangers on my s14 (last car). I imagine motorsport divisions related to manufactuers use harder rubber instead of poly for a comprimise between street and track? Seems like the rubber based parts where they could offer polly, they don't

Nice, more goodies. Not sure what those bushings are going on, but out of curiosity are mugen versions use firmer rubber. Cause I think thats the case with nismo like when I had their exhaust hangers on my s14 (last car). I imagine motorsport divisions related to manufactuers use harder rubber instead of poly for a comprimise between street and track? Seems like the rubber based parts where they could offer polly, they don't
    The bushings are compliance bushings in the front lower control arms.

Yep, supposedly like 10% stiffer than OEM. I don't like the idea of poly/spherical bushings in a street car, so firmer rubber is perfect for me.

Gotcha, reminds me of the time I chose megan hard rubber/poly mounts for my 240 when the oem wore out. I was big into the idea of always upgrading if possible when replacing parts on that car. Kinda think my decision was overkill for nearly stock auto KA lol. The vibrations were more aggressive than the car. Hate to see what full poly would have been like.

Coilovers installed.

Can go about a mile lower. I'm waiting until I have wheels & my other suspension bits installed to dial in the ride height.

Even at that height you can notice the drop and looks very functional. Kinda wonder what oem wheels would look like with a concave design from honda. Still look fwd to when you throw the new wheels on.

Even at that height you can notice the drop and looks very functional. Kinda wonder what oem wheels would look like with a concave design from honda. Still look fwd to when you throw the new wheels on.
    Pretty tough to make 16x6.5 +55 & 16x7.5 +65 wheels concave haha

I'm also looking forward to new wheels, just the issue of paying for them. The tires alone will cost me around $900, which is more than I've ever spent on wheels & tires combined (previous high was $800 for BNIB Advan Kreuzer XII 15x7 +37 and brand new 195/50/15 Yokohama S.Drives including mounting/balancing).

But such are the costs of trying to do things once & do them right.

Lol I hear ya, especially since you have a end goal in mind. I've settled for substitute parts before to save some bucks, only to be let down. Then you have to spend more money to be happy again. It's a gamble sometimes lol.

New & improved ride height just in time for winter storage.

Updates:

Bought a high flow cat

Bought a couple pairs of shoes:

Bought a house:

As suggested there, I ordered some Advan RGIII, 17x9 +45.

Ordered some tires for the Advans

Mounted the side mounts on my seat

I love the parts you use, they're all quality stuff and really add to the build. Congrats on the new place too!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Mmmm, sexy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"