The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need Help! Door locks keep opening after i locked the car.

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Need Help! Door locks keep opening after i locked the car.

Hello guys, I need your help on this one. So this is what happened. I went to walmart and locked my car and then when i came back door locks is open. Then i tried it again at my place. It did the same thing. My door locks keeps opening.
    Any idea what is causing this?

sounds like it might think there is a key in the ignition maybe a foreign conductive object got lodged in it try blowing some pressed air down it but if its your remote your using then it could be a shorted contact in the remote which would be more common then a foreign object in the ignition cylinder.

I will try that. Thanks for the response. But this is weird because its only doing that when it rains very hard.

If you lock the car, how long is it before the car unlocks itself?

if it only happens when it rains there could be a leak getting to the bcm shorting something or to the driver or passenger lock/unlock switch causing the circuit to close and it to unlock were the windows ever left open when it rained hard? if so it could have soaked one of the lock/unlock switch or circuit boards (ask me how i know).
    Does it have a oem or after market alarm?