The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2001 Galant Cold air intake?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

2001 Galant Cold air intake?

Hey guys so i have a 3.0 V6 2001 galant its a automatic
    I was looking at air intake set ups online and saw a variance in price ranging from 45$-215$ i am on a budget so the cheaper ones sound better to my pocket. What im curious about is what are the differences i could expect from a cheap 45-60$ air intake vs a 200$ air intake is there any major advantages to getting the more expensive one? They all look like very similar set ups the one i have my eye on at the moment is 68$ with free shipping. Anyways plese let me know what you think but please keep in mind i am on a budget as well. Just wanna improve the performance a little

Just get a MAF adapted and a non oiled filter and you are good.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewAskew View Post
    Hey sorry but what is a MAF?? And should i just use the stock air intake then and just replace the stock filter with a new filter?

MAF=Mass Airflow Filter, and I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you trying to use your stock intake to make a cold air intake?

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Believe it or not use a cold air intake for the 3g Eclipse v6. Same engine setup, and for whatever reason they run cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoFIZZLE View Post
    Believe it or not use a cold air intake for the 3g Eclipse v6. Same engine setup, and for whatever reason they run cheaper.

I was thinking about getting a new set up but the other person mentioned using the stock intake with a added cone filter and MAF adapter. My question was more so is there any big difference between a cheaper say 60$ intake vs a 200$ intake they looks almost identical so I am not sure what the difference would be and I don't wanna put something on my car that's gonna mess it up some how so thought I'd ask for advice before purchasing a cheap cold air intake

Put together your own like mentioned above, or get a brand name (aem, injen, k&n). The difference with those vs ebay ones is the quality of the parts used.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Put together your own like mentioned above, or get a brand name (aem, injen, k&n). The difference with those vs ebay ones is the quality of the parts used.
    So just add a new MAF adapter and a new filter and I'd be good?

I keep hearing "Non-oiled Filter". I have an oiled one. Will it cause problems with the MAF?

Quote Originally Posted by ViewAskew View Post

cai are proven to have no impact on performance if its going to be stuck inside the engine bay... dont waste yoru money keep the stock setup just get a maf adapter and better filter
    *RIP* my 4g64
    Hello my 6g72