The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Creaking sound when taking off and corners

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Creaking sound when taking off and corners

Hi guys I have a issue on my 2001 galant 3.0 v6 front right/middle makes a creaking noise when taking off or cornering at low speed thought I'd ask if anyone might know what this is and if it's something I can inspect myself to see if there is a problem spot thanks

I think its the control arm or some suspension part. Forgot the exact name something with a c. Think its the cv joint.. heard about it while watching a youtube vid a while back
    *RIP* my 4g64
    Hello my 6g72

Quote Originally Posted by 8GLover View Post
    I think its the control arm or some suspension part. Forgot the exact name something with a c. Think its the cv joint.. heard about it while watching a youtube vid a while back
    Took it to a mechanic to get it on a lift found out my front right control arm is missing a bolt and the cradle bolts are stripped so gonna be a 300$ repair

Please repair it yourself, get the parts you need off ebay. $300 is way to much and you will learn a lot fixing yourself...
    *RIP* my 4g64
    Hello my 6g72

Quote Originally Posted by 8GLover View Post
    Please repair it yourself, get the parts you need off ebay. $300 is way to much and you will learn a lot fixing yourself...
    The car has to have a hole cut in it in order to get the new bolt into where it's supposed to be I don't have any cutting tools or welding tools, usually I do all the work myself but this is not something I have the tools to do so I'll leave this one to a family trusted mechanic, the mechanic told me my motor mounts are loose as well so I'm gonna fix the motor mounts myself