The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Throttle pedal

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Throttle pedal

Everytime I push the throttle pedal to put the car on moving, it gets stuck and I have to push it strongly to accelerate. Anyone knows why this happens and how can I fix it???

Enviado desde mi Z958 mediante Tapatalk

Follow the throttle cable out of the firewall. It goes to a black box mounted on the other side of the firewall. Thats the cruise control cable box. It is most likely rusted on the inside. If thats not the case then the throttle body is somehow stuck
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Cables don't last forever. I did cruise delete, got rid of all that garbage and just replaced it with a single cable directly to the throttlebody. Got it new from Carquest for about $15.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Follow the throttle cable out of the firewall. It goes to a black box mounted on the other side of the firewall. Thats the cruise control cable box. It is most likely rusted on the inside. If thats not the case then the throttle body is somehow stuck
    Thanks bro! I will check

Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    Cables don't last forever. I did cruise delete, got rid of all that garbage and just replaced it with a single cable directly to the throttlebody. Got it new from Carquest for about $15.
    So, you mean that, if I delete the cruise control, I must to change necessarily the cable?

yes, its a non cruise control throttle cable. Some 7g came w/o cruise control
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    yes, its a non cruise control throttle cable. Some 7g came w/o cruise control
    Ok I got it! Thanks friend!