The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Restore Engine oil Additive???

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Restore Engine oil Additive???

Hey everyone I have a 2001 galant 3.0 V6 version with 152 almost 153k miles on it and I have read some reviews on this restore Engine oil Additive some people are reporting that it really helps out with older cars and I'd like to keep my car running as long as possible. Have any of you used restore in your 8Gs or has anyone used it in general I'd love to hear from some galant owners who have used this product

Just posting here so I can follow this thread. I also want to keep my galant alive FOREVER
    *RIP* my 4g64
    Hello my 6g72

Ive used it a few times, years ago, but didnt really notice a difference, my motor has 207k on it now and still feels like its in its prime but ive used royal purple oil since then and it doesn't smoke other then when i pegg the rev limiter for a few seconds from time to time, but a motor is going to wear out and theres no stopping it, if your interested in using it, you should first look into what additives are used in the oil you run and see how much zinc and phosphorus is in it, then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ricerboy4g64 View Post
    Ive used it a few times, years ago, but didnt really notice a difference, my motor has 207k on it now and still feels like its in its prime but ive used royal purple oil since then and it doesn't smoke other then when i pegg the rev limiter for a few seconds from time to time, but a motor is going to wear out and theres no stopping it, if your interested in using it, you should first look into what additives are used in the oil you run and see how much zinc and phosphorus is in it, then go from there.
    I recently used the crc fuel System cleaner and noticed a difference my car warms up about twice as fast and my catalytic converter doesn't stink anymore haha nice cheap 17$ fix and the restore is cheap as well and since it's a engine oil Additive I thought it might be helpful but yeah not sure what oil is in my car currently but I will know when I change my oil which is also when most people say to use restore

If you change your oil on time and not go over on milage to much, im sure you will be fine, but if it will make you feel better, go ahead and use it, its not like its gunna hurt anything, well not that i know of anyway

If you change your oil on time and not go over on milage to much, im sure you will be fine, but if it will make you feel better, go ahead and use it, its not like its gunna hurt anything, well not that i know of anyway
    Would you recommend the royal purple oil you mentioned above?

Without a doubt, i use it and thats all i will ever use, but i race my car, if you just drive your car normal all the time it might be a bit much, price wise, but theres plenty of other oil brands out thre that can do just as good, but i haven't tested them, i know one brand to stay away from is castrol, ive seen acid tests and castrol came out on bottom in 5 of the 6 categorys,

Without a doubt, i use it and thats all i will ever use, but i race my car, if you just drive your car normal all the time it might be a bit much, price wise, but theres plenty of other oil brands out thre that can do just as good, but i haven't tested them, i know one brand to stay away from is castrol, ive seen acid tests and castrol came out on bottom in 5 of the 6 categorys,
    Well thanks for that tip I'll make sure to stay away from Castrol oil, I don't race my car lol is just my daily driver :)