The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Removing Intake Manifold

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Removing Intake Manifold

I have a 2002 Galant with a Low EGR flow trouble code so I can't pass emissions inspection. I wanted to try and check the intake manifold passage ways and see if it was clogged anywhere, but there a lot of stuff that seems to be connected with it. The worst part is there also a couple of fluid that seem to flow around it or through it, I'm not completely sure. I was wondering if anybody knew what's the best way to go about removing the manifold. I've drained the coolant, taken off the thermostat housing, the throttle body, the egr valve and all the vacuum hoses, but it looks like there are even more things I need to remove, including a transparent tube with an unknown liquid flowing through it. How much do I really need to take off? What is this mysterious liquid? And will this most likely solve my problem if I do this? Please help!!

youll have to take the throttle body off so you dont drain coolant and then your fuel rail. your mysterious fluid is probably fuel as that is probably the only "clear"-ish hose on our cars. once you have that and all of the vacuum lines(make sure you put a piece of tape and label each line and take LOTS of pictures, youll thank me later), unbolt the intake manifold from the head and make sure you take it off the bracket(2 12mm bolts going into the manifold). dont take any fuel line off unless youre well aware there is upwards of 60 psi in your fuel system and it will spray everywhere. other than that, thats all i can think of at the moment.