The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Starting fluid

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Starting fluid

Hi friends!

Actually, I have to be using starting fluid to start my '95 Galant's motor. I changed the distributor because it was in very bad conditions, also changed the fuel pressure regulator, all sensors's signals are fine, there's good pressure fuel pump. The revolutions are unstable, they go up and down, the spark plugs and the oxygen's sensor get too contaminated very quick, there's black smoke off the exhaust, there's too much rich mixture so, I suspect of the iac valve.

OK friends, I'd like to read your opinions about it regardless to your experience and If could be damages for the motor by using starting fluid???

I really appreciate your time thanks!

Enviado desde mi Z958 mediante Tapatalk

Bad Mass Airflow sensor or clogged catalytic converter. It also could be a vacuum leak

post pictures of your engine bay.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Bad Mass Airflow sensor or clogged catalytic converter. It also could be a vacuum leak

post pictures of your engine bay.

The MAF sensor is working, already checked the signals. I'll change the catalytic converter and about vacuum leak, I'd like to check and fix it by myself I don't trust any mechanic so, I really appreciate if I could tell me how to identify a vacuum leak, thanks!

Enviado desde mi Z958 mediante Tapatalk