The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Getting my galant diagnosed today!

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Getting my galant diagnosed today!

So my v6 8g has been stalling and rough idle at red lights etc. I've been trying to fix it for the past 3 months and even brought new parts thinking they would fix the problem. Well the new parts didnt fix the problem so now im just going to have a local mechanic diagnose my car for $95. This will save me time for I'm not a mechanic and for the past 3 months i have been spending hours everyday trying to fix my car. I can't rate to get my girl back on the road she looks so good XD Wish me luck!
    *RIP* my 4g64
    Hello my 6g72

Was able to drive it to the mechanic because i tightened the throttle cable. Just got back now im waiting for the mechanic to call. Cant wait im so anxious really hope everything goes well and my galant will be brought back to life!
    *RIP* my 4g64
    Hello my 6g72

So just got a call from the mechanic. He said his computer cant diagnose anything because she has to many aftermarket parts... Really all i have are headers and an egr tube delete because my headers dont have the egr port... I told him id replace the original parts but he didnt recommend i do that why idk... seems like he just doesnt want to work on it and all other mechanics in my area have very bad rep 8(

he did tell me i have a p0141 code which i already knew maybe thats the prob idk 8(
    *RIP* my 4g64
    Hello my 6g72