The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Speaker Wiring Help

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Speaker Wiring Help

So I just bought new speakers to upgrade my Galant and for some reason my drive side speaker wires have no power to them, i do have an aftermarket radio in but the speaker was working when it was in until i recently noticed it quit. assuming it blew i pulled it out an it was fine i checked the speaker.. fine checked the wires white with blue stripe (+) and black with blue stripe(-). Not really sure where to go from here i followed it back to half way up the dash but lost track and cannot find it, does anyone know the problem or have a speaker wiring diagram? I cannot find one. Thanks so much!

Code:
    Bring Back The Galant!

Typically with aftermarket radios, if the wires were not properly crimped or soldered they'll come apart. My suggestion is pull the headunit (takes 2 seconds with these cars). If you used a wiring harness with your headunit then remove that and check all the wires to make sure theyre all attached. If they're crimped or soldered, give the headunit harness and galant harness adapter wires a tug individually to ensure they are actually attached.

Its unlikely that the factory speaker wire got frayed so thats your best bet.

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by SolerSPL View Post
    Typically with aftermarket radios, if the wires were not properly crimped or soldered they'll come apart. My suggestion is pull the headunit (takes 2 seconds with these cars). If you used a wiring harness with your headunit then remove that and check all the wires to make sure theyre all attached. If they're crimped or soldered, give the headunit harness and galant harness adapter wires a tug individually to ensure they are actually attached.

Its unlikely that the factory speaker wire got frayed so thats your best bet.

Thanks for the advice. i actually spent 5 long hours in the sun tracking down the left door speaker wires checking each point they plug into another plug the whole entire way to the factory amp. Every thing worked. from the amp up to the head unit everything worked up to the factory amp plug point where it goes into the head unit. at this point i was completely stumped, ready to just give up, wiring can be a bitch. Then i sat an thought, and it came to me.. the door tweeter was on and i decided to use some common sense and check if the continuity between the door speaker wires.. nothing checked the continuity on the same wires on the plug where it comes through the door grommet low an behold CONTINUITY. after 3 hours i felt i finally made progress on something i should have done first. so i checked the speaker power wire and it had power meaning it was the neutral wire. The tweeter wires connect with the speaker wires so i just spliced my speaker neutral into the tweeter neutral and bam! sound. so within a 4 foot span something happened to the speaker neutral wire. I dont really plan on finding it since is only the neutral and the speaker works perfectly now without rerouting any wires as well