The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: E-Hand Brake Boot Question.

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    chrislaya

E-Hand Brake Boot Question.

I DECIDED THAT THE E-BRAKE HANDLE LOOKS TOO PLAIN SO I DECIDED TO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I WENT TO AUTOZONE AND BOUGHT A REGULAR SHIFT BOOT AND CUSTOMIZE IT TO FIT THE E-BRAKE HANDLE, THEN I WENT AND BOUGHT ON E-BAY A CARBON FIBER LOOK HANDLE AND IT TURN OUT NICE. HOWEVER A FEW MONTHS AGO I REMENBER SEEN A GALANT 8TH GENERATION WITH A "RACTIVE" E-BRAKE HANDLE. I FOUND THAT THE HANDLE ARE SOLD @ YOUR LOCAL CIRCUIT CITY BECAUSE THEY ARE AN AUTHORIZE DEALER OF RACTIVE. THEY COST AROUND $42 WITH TAX. HOWEVER THE "RACTIVE" E-HANDLE SEEM NOT TO FIT THE ORIGINAL E-BRAKE HANDLE BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL IS TOO WIDE AND THE RACTIVE HANDLE DOES NOT SLIDE THOUGH. SO I WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE CAN HELP AND EXPLAIN HOW DID THEY MANAGE TO FIT A "RACTIVE" HANDLE ON A 8TH GENERATION GALANT.[/img]

Ebrake

:twisted: Yeah I wanted that too,
    I think DangerDanJ had that ractive shifter and ebrake.. talk to him. :twisted:
    Stashbox, X-box, Laptop, FaxMachine, Phone
    BulletProof this Bit** and I'm GONE!

J
    my ears hurt. figuratively speaking.

In order to have the Ractive E-Brake installed, you will have to take off the rubber.
    Get a Blade and cut it right out. Then place the Ractive E-brake over the metal part. Hope this helps........
    Pearl White 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    Injen Race Division CAI System
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    Magnecor Ignition Wires
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Headlight Bulbs (H4)
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Fog Light Bulbs (893)
    Clear Corner Lights w/ PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs (1157)
    Reverse Indiglo Gauges
    Kenwood KDC-MP522 MP3/CD Receiver
    Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6.75" Door Speakers
    Kicker K693 6x9 Rear Speakers
    Brembo Cross-Drilled/Slotted Disc Brakes
    Axxis High Performance Brake Pads

Yeah, I took the rubber off as well. I took it off in one piece though by heating it up with a heat gun to loosen up the glue. Even then I had to wrestle it off.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    no matter how many time i see Danj's interior i always have to smile, cuz it looks really tight..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>no matter how many time i see Danj's interior i always have to smile, cuz it looks really tight..</div>

Awww shucks. :oops: Thanks man. I think I'd rather have a manual tranny than a nice interior though.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>no matter how many time i see Danj's interior i always have to smile, cuz it looks really tight..</div>

Awww shucks. :oops: Thanks man. I think I'd rather have a manual tranny than a nice interior though. </div>

I dunno bro, i think i would have a nice interior than a, well on second thoughts, nahhh i love have a manual tranny..lol..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Calipso

I got the Ractive boot/handle too. I had my handle cut to slide back more. So the e-brake button sticks out like it should. the site I got it from said you would have to cut it with a hacksaw, but I wanted a cleaner cut so I had a metal shop do it. Turned out nice...
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Here I am again to bring a dead topic from the dead. :laughing:

I'm already starting to do interior work on my g. Tons of stuff came in this week for my interior. I'll post pics shortly (after all the goods are installed......still waiting for the S7 inverter, hehehe).

I had the same problem earlier with regards to the e-brake handle, and this topic helped me solve the problem. Props to those who posted the answer. I just used a hobby knife and some pulling to remove that plastic cover over the e-brake.

Hey, at least I used the "Search"! :D

TGC Regular
    My hand always smacks my shifter (when in drive) when i use my ebrake. :???:

Great design Mitsu !!

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericbla03
    My hand always smacks my shifter (when in drive) when i use my ebrake. :???:

Great design Mitsu !!
    Yeah, that's the exact reason why I'm changing my shifter. I'm also upgrading the ebrake handle while I'm at it. :)

I need a new boot to cover my e-brake I put an aftermarket handle with a manual shifter boot it works, but the top portion is velcro so the tip of the leather shifter boot does no go inside the bottom half of the handle. Therefore, it kinda looks retarded. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas or know of and boots that would fit inside the e-brake handle that I have. For the ones that want to know what kind of e-brake handle it is : Ichiban satin silver handle with leather stiching on it. Not looking to get a the reactive set I looked at one didn't like the material.