Hi friends!
In this topic, I want to tell you about a camshaft kit. I am a simple Russian engineer. I have done this many times on other models of cars. It's time to do this for the 4G69. As always, I try to explain the principle of operation. It's hard for me to explain in English. But I will try to make you understand me.
So. The 4G69 engine has a system of MIVEC. Moreover, this system operates on the principle of switching types of Cams of the camshaft. There is also a system with rotation of the camshaft (for example Evo 9). In this system up to 3500 rpm working one type of cams. After 3500 rpm the work enters the other Cam.

Look at the picture. Cam A - works after 3500 rpm (intake). Cam B - works on exhaust. Cam С - works up to 3500 rpm (intake).

- - - Updated - - -

In the engine is like two engines. To 3500 rpm economical with low frictional resistance. After 3500 rpm the more powerful and torquey.
What do I do?
Produced completion of Cam A. Now I'll explain the principle.

Look at the picture. On a special machine, decreases the base radius of the Cam. This increases valve lift and the width of the phase. Thus, up to 3500 rpm, the engine will remain as before. And after 3500 rpm will be more powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Usually, this revision gives a 12-15% gain on top. I do it at an aircraft factory in the city of Perm. But that's not all. Also need to modify the rockers. Working on this Cam. If at the end of the rocker was the adjustment screw, then you can just adjust. However, the rocker mivec does not contain the adjusting screw.

After you did the regrinding of the camshaft and its base radius becomes smaller. Therefore, under the rocker will appear a gap.

Therefore, it is necessary to make a thicker roller. The wheel needs to be thicker for the same size, how much reduced base radius.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know you can understand me or not? But it is necessary to make a thick roller. For this we need to use a press and remove the roller.

In fact, it's a roller bearing without a cage. I have tried to find industrial bearings in catalog. However, there is nothing similar. This is not a problem. It is necessary to make a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Also at an aircraft factory made a new, thicker rollers. Left new, right side stock.

The rollers are made of bearing steel ШХ15 (Russian std) American analog steel 52100

I'm doing a few projects. So I ordered a few sets. With different sizes.
In the center of the stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Next you need to assemble.

It turns out one camshaft and four rocker.

This is a camshaft kit.

- - - Updated - - -

In car installation does not cause difficulties. If you changed your own timing belt, you will not be difficult to replace the shaft yourself. There is a small problem, when the shaft rests on the left engine mounting. But I will tell you how it is easy to get around. Then it is necessary to adjust the valve clearance. This can be done via the factory manual.

- - - Updated - - -

What happened in the end? For this I went to the dyno.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to say. For the Russian market, comes 4G69 engine 158 HP. On the stand, the stock engine showed 156 HP( black curve). The camshaft kit is required to reflash the ECU. Definitely. Otherwise you can damage the engine.

Camshaft kit gives +22 HP and 13 Nm of torque. This is a +12% to the stock.

- - - Updated - - -

I also wanted to try how HP gives lightweight pulley. I just removed the stock pulley and put a light pulley. It gave +2 HP total came out 180 HP

In the left part there is the casting of torque. This slip of the torque Converter. Do not pay attention to it.

- - - Updated - - -

It is possible to buy. It costs 600$. Price includes: Work with the camshaft. Work the rockers mivec. Reflash ECU.
Attention. Without reflash it doesn't work.

How to do it? You have two options.
The first option. I need your camshaft and four rocker mivec. I have a ready kit. I get your parts and immediately send you a ready-made kit. After you receive and install the kit. I'll do the reflashing of the ECU. For this you will need the cable, Tactrix. And Internet access.
Option two. You can manufacture in the US all the details. I know you can do the same. I will provide only the firmware. It will cost $ 300.

Cam A specifications:
stock / precision
Duration (gross): 274 / 280
Duration (.050”): 214 / 224
Valve Lift mm 9.8 / 10.57

- - - Updated - - -

That's about it. Thank you for your attention.
Stayer