The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car runs horrible

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Lindsey

Car runs horrible

After throttle body cleaning CSR is running horribly. Thinking connector, but any other ideas? It sounds like a tractor now...

Any engine codes? Were there any specific symptoms you were trying to fix before you cleaned the throttle body?

Lindsey
    https://goo.gl/photos/5Fdpw7CEnfSFMuU7A

- - - Updated - - -

No codes just cleaning it BC supoosedlymy convertor is clogged.

Whoever recommended cleaning the throttle body because (potentially) your converter is clogged is NOT the person to get car maintenance tips from.

That said, I'd recommend taking it back apart, step by step, and double checking everything. The FIRST thing to do if a vehicle runs worse prior to doing your TB service is to reinspect the service that was performed. Check and ensure all gaskets are installed properly, make sure the vacuum lines are installed correctly, make sure the TB itself is torqued to Mitsubishi factory measurements.

Lindsey
    Everything is correct on it it's just running like crap and won't start unless I'm down on the gas pedal and stays choking and then shuts off. It sounds like a tractor

Lindsey
    Knockig louder with acceleration poor acceleration stalling oil light flickering battery light on and clanking and a loud rattle... Keeps dying... I'm at a loss with this car nobody here knows how to work on them, and it's making me sick to my stomach because I've gone broke trying to fix what a shop tore up ;( I'm thinking either fuel or oil pump knock sensor computer or injectors... I know I did notice pressure under dipstick and it hisses when car is turned off until u pull the dipstick out... Somebody please help me... This car is my baby and I never asked for a shop to damage it much less not fix what they messed up :(