The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Back after 15 years

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Back after 15 years

Hi! I was a member on these forums around 2001-2002. ( I wish I could remember what username and email I had back then ) Anyway, the Galant has always been special to me. My very first car was a 7g (Green 95 ES). I'm currently looking for an 8g, I've wanted one since they came out. I plan to do a 5 speed swap, jdm exterior, and maybe a DOHC build sometime later. Based on the little research I've done I'm looking for a 99-00 only, so that the 5 speed swap check engine light is easily avoided. I'm still searching through old posts and researching a lot.

Besides the 8g I would love to have a 94 GS (don't we all) and the 7g VR4s are getting close to the 25 year mark for importing into the US.

It feels good to be home.

Since I don't have a Galant currently I'll share some pics of my first car. After signing up for the forums a few nights ago I went and found these prints from an old disposable camera and scanned them.

These were taken the day I got it! (March-April 2001)

Welcome back! The forum isn't near as active as it was in years past, but there are a handful of us still around and the information of years past is still contained here.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Welcome back! The forum isn't near as active as it was in years past, but there are a handful of us still around and the information of years past is still contained here.
    Thanks for the welcome! I had a feeling the forum wasn't super active but I'm glad it still exists. I love your car by the way, very similar to my dream 8g.
    Last edited by Voodoo; 06-13-2016 at 08:03 AM

Here's a few more pictures. I was a poor high school student and into the Fast and Furious craze at the time, so I modified the car the best I could making $5.15/hr. Lol. It's embarrassing when I look back at it now. I guess we all start somewhere.

After a year or two I had started to get some better taste in mods. I bought a set of Tenzo R wheels (I think this was a copy of a Blitz wheel), but I actually never installed them. I ended up selling the wheels, buying a Civic hatchback and handing the Galant down to my sister.

Here's where the story gets sad. My sister drove the Galant for about a year. Then one night she forgot to yield on a left turn, and that was the end of the Galant (my sister was fine by the way, just shaken up). So I haven't had a Galant in my life since 03-04, but I've thought about it from time to time.

Last edited by NostalgicMind; 06-14-2016 at 03:53 PM

Welcome back! Very sorry to hear about your G, but glad that nobody close to you was injured.

I remember the good ol' Fast and Furious days. My first car (before my Eclipse) was a '97 Civic coupe with subs and a couple of neons on the interior. They were simpler times