The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Coilover options??

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Coilover options??

Hey I got a 2001 v6 galant can I use the coilovers for a vr4 or for a 00-05 eclipse or do I have to just use whatever galant coilovers I can find? Also any brands ypu guys have experience with that you would recommend let me know I was thinking about ISC coilovers or bc racing was also looking at megan racing and tein any opinions are appreciated

USDM uses MacPhearson Struts setup like the 00-05 Eclipse

I've used Tein basics. Stiff.

And BC racing.... Nice.

My struts are really close to my tires makes me uncomfortable so that's why I'm looking into getting coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by KhaosGalant View Post
    My struts are really close to my tires makes me uncomfortable so that's why I'm looking into getting coilovers
    It moves as one. So if it clears now it will clear no matter what.

There's probably 1/4 inch of clearance

I always liked my Megan coilovers.

What setup for tires (including size) and wheels (including width) are you currently using?
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 06-24-2016 at 01:42 PM

225/45 tires17 inch rims

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I've used Tein basics. Stiff.

And BC racing.... Nice.
    Good to know the bc are better then the tein

Quote Originally Posted by KhaosGalant View Post
    Good to know the bc are better then the tein
    It depends on what you are looking for. There is no one better coilover over another. It's all on the purpose for the car. My BC set rides nicer than Tein basics because they have ride adjustment. On the Track Teins premium line would wipe the floor with my BCs.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It depends on what you are looking for. There is no one better coilover over another. It's all on the purpose for the car. My BC set rides nicer than Tein basics because they have ride adjustment. On the Track Teins premium line would wipe the floor with my BCs.
    I'm looking for a good coilover set up I can daily and not worry about the ride being to rough but have the flexibility to adjust them if I wanna go do a track day I wanna get into autocross

I had the Megan coilovers as well. I liked them. Easy to work with and pretty sturdy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of BC Racing. Had KSports and swapped them for BC's. Plan to get BC's for my current 8G

whatever brand it is, it will depend on how you set it up.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...