The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need Help With Intake Manifold

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Need Help With Intake Manifold

I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4l. Recently my intake manifold straight up cracked in two pieces. I read through tons of these forum threads and found out that the 2003 Galant Intake Manifold will fit on the 2000. Apparently this is not true, because my mechanic told me that the 2003 manifold is missing an apparently important bracket that is necessary for the 2000 manifold. I don't understand cars too much, but am I missing something? Should the 2003 manifold fit on my 2000? I'm in high stress mode right now because I'm getting married in two weeks and now both of our cars are out of commission. I have searched far and wide for a 2000 manifold to put on my car, but the only one available was the 2003. I've also read that the Eclipse manifold from '00-'05 will fit? Is that true? If you have answers, please tell me "why" it will fit, not just a simple "yeah totally bro it will fit" because that's the advice I took already and it bit me in the ass.

What bracket is he talking about? It may have an extra bracket or one missing but I'm sure it won't impair the function of the manifold.