The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: headlamp switch installation

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

headlamp switch installation

Quick question, do any precautions need to be taken when installing one? My original started to crap out on me last year so I got an aftermarket from rockauto iirc. Days after I noticed on right signals it wouldn't turn off after completing the turn, and ffwd almost a year or so now, it won't hold a signal without me pressing and holding down most times.

So by luck I searched ebay for an oem today, and found one supposedly new (fingers cross) displayed beside its box with mitsubishi part# label on it for a steal.

Installing the rock auto one seemed simple enough, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't my error or it just boils down to aftermarket isn't always equal to oem. Do I need to make the sure wheel is in any certain position before installing or use some sorta electrical connector grease? I know sounds it crazy, but figured I would double check.

Thanks in advance

Same procedure. Aftermarket switches usually play ball in the fashion you described.

Thanks man just what I needed to hear. I installed an oem switch w/ fog option in my 240 when I had it and was converting to oem fogs. Never had an issue, so I figured no special measures needed to be taken for the galant.